12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see this disaster setting up hours ago. Instability axis moves across right at prime heating time. So sun doesn't come back till 3:30-4:00

I don't think it's that big of a deal for us though...our chances are after dark. We just want to see activity and solid activity develop this afternoon and start forming into an MCS and hope it dives south

Hope that forecast is right. We'll see how the afternoon plays out

Did you expect storms this afternoon? 

Anyway... back in realityville things look fine. A nice looking EML plume with good effective shear. Threat may linger well into the overnight too. 

Did you expect storms this afternoon?

Anyway... back in realityville things look fine. A nice looking EML plume with good effective shear. Threat may linger well into the overnight too.

No, but I also didn't except thick cloud cover keeping a lid on temps. And since all outlets had 92/94 at BDL I don't think they did either. Granted it's not a huge deal , but it certainly isn't helping

No, but I also didn't except thick cloud cover keeping a lid on temps. And since all outlets had 92/94 at BDL I don't think they did either. Granted it's not a huge deal , but it certainly isn't helping

lol - BDL will probably still make 90. 

The sun's out in Albany already. This batch of mid level clouds is pretty much NBD. 

eek,  that storm is rapidly intensyfing.  Was just a towering Cu when it went over me.  Now a nice anvil. Lots of people going to get it on the lake.  Towers now going up rapidly in all quads up here.

Popped from nothing to 55 dbz inside of three rad frames...  

High DPs under receding cap for the win!

Lesson in how volatility tapped can transform a situation with extreme rapidity ...  

Multi-faceted day perhaps underway.  Discrete rapid movers may do their pulse entertaining ...then we await the suspect upstream MCS (if so) later on.  

Archived