joxey
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

HRRR SHOWS EXPECTED EVOLUTION OF CONVECTION NICELY...ALTHOUGH MAY

BE QUESTIONABLE AS TO AREAS THAT ARE IMPACTED SINCE 17Z RUN

APPEARS TO BE DRIVING A COMPLEX SE THRU CT AND POSSIBLY RI /AS

OPPOSED TO ALONG AND N OF MASS PIKE WHICH IS OUR CURRENT

THINKING/.

What is funny ...if perhaps ironic about that excerpt is that convection almost always peels right of conventional thinking and indicators...  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the storm had slid by and really began to intensify...

DSCN0479.JPG

Ugh. Frustrating. I saw that towering anvil growing as I drove home from York beach, and all the while hoping it would slide south for me...that's not going to be the case. Ominous clouds are visible to the north from here in Dover...I can even make out some claps of thunder...But this will be yet another near miss for me here...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for tonight. I'd welcome even a shower at this point just to cool things off a bit. I'm in the low 90's here with Dews in excess of 70...steaming hot day here.

That storm over downtown Laconia branched north at the last second and creamed me again.  Scored one more super close strike and heavy rain.

eek,  do you have the full video of that funnel thing.  Was there rotation?  That storm started right over me without a drop of rain. As the Cu past it was building. I watched as it dropped the first rain about 2 miles east of me and watched the top go from water to an ice anvil very fast. Kept back building as it went east. Hope we don't hear about any drownings or injuries out on the lake.

Yes I have the video and yes there was rotation, just not moving very fast.

Just have to see what that stuff in NY State does. The storm near ALB does seems to be taking a bit of a SE motion..but could just as easily slide east

East or SE, it's still going to pass south of me if it holds together.  I hope it doesn't ruin my chances of anything later on.

Beautiful afternoon--the breeze makes the humidity tolerable.

83.1/72

Looks like a storm is trying to form to my west

You guys got some sick CAPE out that way... Temps have popped to 90-92 F over DP routinely 70 to 75! from S VT right down to N CT.  Heck, it's even 89/72 here in Ayer.  

For one, probably going to at least come close to verifying the H. Advis., but man... if/when this MLCINH finishes out...  wow

Archived