• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to make that trip.

My soon-to-be father-in-law wants to hike it (but that may just be to push me off the knife's edge :cliff: ).

My initial trip up Katahdin (in 1973) was with my father-in-law.  Since he was a big AT enthusiast - had hiked the NJ and SNY sections with his scout troop - we naturally chose the Hunt Trail.  Coolest part, other than the summit, was as we approached tree line and could see this big rounded boulder almost directly above us.  Then we climbed the iron rungs and a couple minutes later were standing on that rock.  No threats concerning the Knife Edge - Dad was content to stay at the northern terminus while I scurried to Pamola and back.

I see you went from 92 to -20 rather quickly.  Mine did that a few years after I got it when water got into the transmitter box.  It'll heal when it dries.

I've already been out there running back and forth. It's back to normal now. And yup...water got into the temp plug.

Q-tips FTW

Actually looks like a record high was set at the picnic tables today on Mount Mansfield.

I'm seeing a high of 79F on MMNV1 at the 3:50pm obs. 

That would break the old record of 77F set in 1987.

That's f'ing hot for up there.  When 4,000ft gets to near 80 degrees.  Wow.

You can see its noticeably warmer than it was yesterday.

Can't believe that storm came so close and then skipped me.  

I went to lowes (2.8 miles away) to enjoy it and pick up birdseed... nothing like the thunderous sound of big drops on a metal roof.

Wet pavement line is about 1 mile to my south. :cry:

eek,  you've got your fair share this summer!!  Glad Brian picked up something meaningful.  I'd take .70" and run with it!!  Hopefully something Friday

Impressive.  Cool to get that sort of stuff to hit over the ASOS network.

One of my fave obs ever.

METAR KISP 131156Z AUTO 12014G26KT 9SM OVC007 22/21 A2969 RMK AO2 PK WND 14026/1154 RAE55 SLP053 P0148 61292 71310 T02170206 10217 20189 58013

Anytime you see a non-zero value in that 2nd spot of the 6pppp or 7pppp groups it's not a good thing.

Archived