• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RAIN DISCUSSION

dailylurker

I hardly ever see any discussion about the rain. I've always liked rain. It's just another part of weather that I enjoy. So, feel free to discuss the rain here.

You love rain

You hate rain

Hey, look, flooding rain

Any and all rain talk is welcome. EXCEPT thunderstorm rain. This trend is for rainy day type rain ONLY.

I usually like rain and above average precipitation, but the soil around my foundation is saturated. My basement will likely flood tomorrow as moisture has already seeped through the foundation. I'm noticing the radar is showing a bit of a split in the precip shield over central MD - I hope that continues.

The inspiration for "Rain" is agreed on by Neil Aspinall, the Beatles' roadie, and John Lennon. They both described the band's arrival in Melbourne, Australia, marked by rain and poor weather.[6] Lennon said, "I've never seen rain as hard as that, except in Tahiti", and later explained that "Rain" was "about people moaning about the weather all the time".[7] 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Rain, rain, go away...come again some other day!"

Actually, I rather enjoy a good rain!  Give me some heavy flooding rain, and I will be out looking for flooded streams!  The best rains are the fast thunder storm warm rains because you can run around in them and get soaked in seconds.  I really don't like the autumn rains that seem to last weeks on end, providing lots of dreariness, but little excitement!  Winter rains just sort of make me angry at lost opportunity for snow.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived