joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snow goggles are working a coating on untreated surfaces i think you can hallucinate when using such eye ware it comes with a warning on the box.Snow has intensified hoping for a plain vanilla 4- 8 inch event it rained pretty hard last night the radar looks good from yesterday we lost alot of precip but those are the cards were dealt.

i should have stuck to original "more pessimistic" view from earlier yesterday... 3-5 or 3-6 is very much justified for NYC at this point...initial temps and changeover was a huge problem with first batch of precip...I let the hrrr sway me late last night

It's all about batch two especially south of the city. Batch one was a rain event.

It's all about batch two especially south of the city. Batch one was a rain event.

Yea thats how i read it all along, then i thought the hrr could be onto something salvaging part 1 here from 2am onward...instead we wasted another few hrs to rain.. 3-6 was my call yesterday in NYC, and while i only adjusted my wording to 4-8 late last night i was still favoring 5-6 in the city...so perhaps im just splitting hairs really

Yea thats how i read it all along, then i thought the hrr could be onto something salvaging part 1 here from 2am onward...instead we wasted another few hrs to rain.. 3-6 was my call yesterday in NYC, and while i only adjusted my wording to 4-8 late last night i was still favoring 5-6 in the city...so perhaps im just splitting hairs really

My call all along had been 5" in the city and 7" at home on the ss. I'll drop both numbers by an inch now. And I think pavement accumulations will be less as batch 2 comes in later with more (sorry don't kill me people) sun issues

The snow goggles are working a coating on untreated surfaces i think you can hallucinate when using such eye ware it comes with a warning on the box.Snow has intensified hoping for a plain vanilla 4- 8 inch event it rained pretty hard last night the radar looks good from yesterday we lost alot of precip but those are the cards were dealt.

Mulen, enjoy Florida pal. I will miss you and your classic posts. Pop in and say hello next winter!

Ohhh yeaaaa. Its snowing outside. SEE YA! Lol

Archived