Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a big confidence booster.

Actually, paradoxically, this can sometimes signal the the front is beginning to transverse the region. The southerly winds and warm air begins to be pushed back and upwards and in a sense builds up temporarily just south/southeast of the advancing front.

Actually, paradoxically, this can sometimes signal the the front is beginning to transverse the region. The southerly winds and warm air begins to be pushed back and upwards and in a sense builds up temporarily just south/southeast of the advancing front.

Some reasonable voices in here finally.

Great analysis. I can confirm there was a 1-2 degree increase in temps around here about an hour ago, I have since dropped back about 3 degrees. 

Today is the first day in over 5 weeks that the temperature is above freeze all them.

The last day the low temp in Central Park was above freezing, January 24, was also the day that 3" of snow followed by rain fell in the park.  The snow that fell that day established snowcover in the park which still persists.  That was the event that kick started things this winter, despite the temperatures being above freezing.

Time for our moment of truth down here in Austin-batches of heavy precip are getting close and temp is down to 35 and falling. Could be a very icy morning commute-we're under a warning for ice.

Edit-some sleet pellets mixed with rain now. This after it hit 70 late this afternoon. 

I imagine the snow/rain line might be right along the SE border of Warren/Sussex Counties, based on temps being 33-34F in those locations.  Down to 38F here now - hoping we see snow by 2-3 am here.  Maybe I should take a nap, cause I doubt I'll sleep much once the snow starts.  Already arranged to work from home tomorrow.  Should be a fun ride.  

temperature720.png

Pretty cool how you can be getting ice in austin at the same time as your hometown from the same system

It's actually funny how I'm getting mixed precip before my hometown has any from the same system, when this afternoon it was a very muggy 70 degrees and I'm at the latitude of Jacksonville, FL. :lol:

That's the Hill Country for you this time of year, I guess. 

N TX is getting raked tonight from this line of precip and it looks like it should at least swipe us down here, so it could be a very interesting few hours if it cools down another 5 degrees. 

Archived