joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive almost forgotten about the January 6 clipper.

That was my favorite storm actually. I'm a sucker for the first real snow of the year. Jan 2nd last year was forgotten by most but my favorite storm of 2013-2014.

Great start time, great ratios, great rates, got bulls-eyed. Waking up early and walking my dog just as it was getting going was awesome.

just drove back and forth from DC to Philly and back, and made it back alive.

....that was dumb

Yikes!  Describe 95?

I'm going to take a long walk in the cold and soak up the winter scenery... :snowman:

That's what I want to do. I'm supposed to go to Takoma Park, game time decision in the a.m. I s'pose. I'll study webcams and Amwx.

List here all the people who need to be shamed for NAM hand wringing, consternation and general forum-soul-sucking whining because of it:

PDIII

PG/AlaskaETC

NinjaWarrior

WinteryMix

The EURO effed up too, calling for widespread 10 to 12.  CWG called for sleet, O'Leary agreed that the sleet call was plausable.   Oh yeah, I'm not shamed calling for 3 to 6 for DC.   The flip took a good portion of the morning.

my husband delayed his departure for work by 2 hours and just called to say he's on his way home because the roads outside our neighborhood are sheets of ice.

I was a little surprised at the snow cover left on some of the well-traveled roads.  Everyone I saw was actually driving pretty cautiously, so that's good.

Archived