ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm OBS Thread

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate snow continuing here. Has not changed over. My 2-3" call with amounts to 4" might bust and i love it :) in fact, the mix line on radar seems to go along with the RGEM's total snow map with regards to where the mix/heavier snow amounts set up and the orientation, which is a bit different than we usually see :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425243826.780273.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425243836.360368.jpg

Rgem will bust low for some areas up here too.. I'm already approaching 3" and the rgem was only about 3" total for my area

Gotta hand it to you, Paul. Work has kept me from doing much posting, but I've lurked some. From what I've seen, you've been spot-on lately. Colder trends seem to be the rule of thumb in this pattern which, given its historic-ness, makes perfect sense.

Agreed.....nice job PB!

Gotta hand it to you, Paul. Work has kept me from doing much posting, but I've lurked some. From what I've seen, you've been spot-on lately. Colder trends seem to be the rule of thumb in this pattern which, given its historic-ness, makes perfect sense.

Thank you .

To think guys who called for 2 to 3 inches were claiming victory 15 mins ago , only to have many places flip back to snow where there is already 3 inches and Upton issue a new map.

Maybe people should wait until the storm is over before high fiving themselves in public .

Guest Pamela

I gravely doubt the mix line moves any further north than Staten Island or at most the Newark Airport.

As  Al Pacino noted in The Devil's Advocate, "not to be immodest but..."

Archived