joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Feb 25-26 Obs

Mr Bob

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to drop a thank you to Mr. Bob, Carver and the rest of the bunch who pushed to get the Tennessee Valley a forum. I can't imagine trying to filter through the SE forum during events like this for our region; trying to get and disseminate data, obs, information, and well, general humor and angst. Those weren't necessarily fun experiences. :axe:

Our weather is related to the SE, but it's entirely its own distinct climate (and micro-climates), with all manners of quirky atmospheric nuances that seperate us from the rest of the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Anyway, just saying...

Snow has lightened up since earlier. Not quite moderate. Still coming down steady though.

There are a ton of folks that made this happen...Mr. Bob went to bat, pulled a few strings, and cut the deal. He deserve the most credit. But a list too long to name jumped in too. Biggest thing, we just really enjoy seeing folks use the board like tonight. The Tennessee Valley forum is a great community. Glad to be a part of it and thanks for your kind comments.

Awesome!!!! Where does that rank in your memory bank of big snows for you all? 10" is impressive anywhere in the southeast.

I'm not from Alabama. Originally from the Asheville, NC area. Told my wife tonight that this is probably the most snow I've seen at one time since the Blizzard of '93. 

Radar is fascinating with snow. I look outside and based on what I see coming down, I would expect yellows in the returns. It's just a sea of green though. I had yellow returns at times over the past week and didn't see snow like this. Perhaps this has a lot to do with the upper levels. Yellow returns when there is warm layer above 850mb significantly decreases the size of the flakes to an almost sleet appearance. Where as right now it's below freezing all the way up to the 500mb level. Either way, the radar doesn't do this justice.

Snow seems to be ending here. We had 7 hours of heavy snow. Took approximately 20 measurements. The concrete wall by patio was a consistent 7 1/4". This pic is my patio table. It was measured on the flat area of snow. Didn't count the small drifts by it. They were around 10. Table has approximately 7 1/2"- 7 3/4"5b8885e849baf8900e6e49fab498faa0.jpg

This was my driveway and car about halfway into the event. Had some snow blow off car while driving around

e680d29310947d7ec3a34a8f929c43b6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just measured a little above 1.5"...started at 9:00, so that's about 1/2 inch per hour...not a real heavy rate, but steady. With a couple of heavy bands, we could end up at about 4-5 by morning...decent snow to close out February.

Glad for our friends in the Southern Valley...they really scored well tonight. Now, if we could just our mid-state boys a decent accumulation before spring is here to stay.

Back to moderate. Thankful for that. That was coming down so heavy it would have got ugly quick. To be honest, I'm happy for you folks in Knoxville and Chatt to get all the deep snow. Though, I'm sure we'll get plenty tonight, I'm kind of over it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes later: And, well, nevermind. It's coming down heavy again.

Archived