joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Feb 25-26 Obs

Mr Bob

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kingsport is struggling to get real returns.  Great to see the pics from Chatt.  That is the sweet spot.  I told you all that you were going to do well!  Perfect spot. 

As for TRI, I don't think we reach warning criteria for snow.  HRRR and RAP both fizzle on this run.  It is almost like they can't see the snow on the Plateau?  Anyway, totals for the northern Valley are way down.  Let's see if that reverses.  The radars actually look decent.  So, I don't know what is up.  But time to temper those expectations.  On the other hand, Chatt should reach the high end of their predictions for a good change.  Well, looks like the eastern Valley will have had some winter this February.  Much better than when we started this month!

Kingsport is struggling to get real returns.  Great to see the pics from Chatt.  That is the sweet spot.  I told you all that you were going to do well!  Perfect spot. 

As for TRI, I don't think we reach warning criteria for snow.  HRRR and RAP both fizzle on this run.  It is almost like they can't see the snow on the Plateau?  Anyway, totals for the northern Valley are way down.  Let's see if that reverses.  The radars actually look decent.  So, I don't know what is up.  But time to temper those expectations.  On the other hand, Chatt should reach the high end of their predictions for a good change.  Well, looks like the eastern Valley will have had some winter this February.  Much better than when we started this month!

Well put, I am not too excited about TRI, unless I was in Johnson City or south along that axis

I just cannot get over the rate at which its falling.  Its been snowing here (if I don't count the initial flurries) since about 630PM, I'm already at 3"....  We have a ton of moisture to go.  Incredible!  Stove it is NAM snow, NAM nailed the last little snow a few days ago, and I think its going to verify with this one.  I do believe 5-7" maybe more is going to verify valley wide.

Archived