joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Feb 25-26 Obs

Mr Bob

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well put, I am not too excited about TRI, unless I was in Johnson City or south along that axis

Where are you, Bango? I'm getting moderate-to-heavy snow right now about 7 miles south of Bristol. I think it's time to start focusing on the actual radar and somewhat less of the short range models. If you notice the curl in the radar south of Nashville. That's our mid-level spin. That's got a ways to go before it moves out of the region. I think this system is going to overperform. Areas around Knoxville end up with around 6-8 inches of snow. KTRI ends up with around 4-6 inches. A good thumping to end February.

Where are you, Bango? I'm getting moderate-to-heavy snow right now about 7 miles south of Bristol. I think it's time to start focusing on the actual radar and somewhat less of the short range models. If you notice the curl in the radar south of Nasheville. That's our mid-level spin. That's got a ways to go before it moves out of the region. I think this system is going to overperform. Areas around Knoxville end up with around 6-8 inches of snow. KTRI ends up with around 4-6 inches. A good thumping to end February.

Radar is struggling here.  Basing my thoughts off real time.  But this is Chattanooga's show.  They certainly have had to listen to how good everyone else has had it.  So, should be a great thread.  The 0z NAM is still strong for the central and southern Valley.  The northern Valley...pretty much not there.  But hey, it has been a great run. I do think those east of I-81 will do ok in TRI...like 1-2.5 inches.

im about to lose power I think. lights are flickering. It looks like things may wind down faster than they anticipate by looking at the radar. The damage is done here anyways, what does it look like to you guys?

I wouldn't call this current Hytop radar image as calming down.  Chatt still has at least 3 hours of moderate to heavy snow yet.

post-11228-0-08325400-1424918336_thumb.j

well I mean the storm al together in general, thought it would last until day break anyways

Well after about midnight Chatt will likely get off and on light snow showers all night probably adding another couple inches to whatever you have after the heavy stuff completes.  I think you all could hit double digits by morning.

Regional radar is breaking up a bit in northwest Alabama. Still looks like a couple hours of at least moderate snow for Chatty. Hytop radar is totally filled in back to I-65. Should end close to when the NAM had it winding down around 06Z for CHA. I have nearly 6 inches on the ground in East Brainerd and expect another couple by the end of the storm. Parts of town ahead of EB may very well achieve 10, per above post. Book this as a great snow. Hope we can send some more to our friends northeast of here overnight. Pictures and final total in the morning. Happy snow watching everyone!

Looks like a breakup between bands as there is another band coming up through Unicoi and Carter.

Edit: You need to charge your phone. lol.

Nah, I'm going to milk it out. Lol.

Congrats, Chattanooga and our friends in Alabama. 10 inches in Alabama is a huge huge deal. Chattanooga will probably get 10 when it is over.

I just want to drop a thank you to Mr. Bob, Carver and the rest of the bunch who pushed to get the Tennessee Valley a forum. I can't imagine trying to filter through the SE forum during events like this for our region; trying to get and disseminate data, obs, information, and well, general humor and angst. Those weren't necessarily fun experiences. :axe:

Our weather is related to the SE, but it's entirely its own distinct climate (and micro-climates), with all manners of quirky atmospheric nuances that seperate us from the rest of the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Anyway, just saying...

Snow has lightened up since earlier. Not quite moderate. Still coming down steady though.

I just want to drop a thank you to Mr. Bob, Carver and the rest of the bunch who pushed to get the Tennessee Valley a forum. I can't imagine trying to filter through the SE forum during events like this for our region; trying to get and disseminate data, obs, information, and well, general humor and angst. Those weren't necessarily fun experiences. :axe:

Our weather is related to the SE, but it's entirely its own distinct climate (and micro-climates), with all manners of quirky atmospheric nuances that seperate us from the rest of the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Anyway, just saying...

Snow has lightened up since earlier. Not quite moderate. Still coming down steady though.

TvD1HT0.jpg

Archived