• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

35 here in Easley, rain snow mix. Looks to me like half the storm has passed on radar and nothing but rain for the last hour and a half. I have to think this is going to kill our totals watching all of this wasted on rain so far, but I'm not a weather expert like many on here. I pray something changes soon.

And here come the doom and gloom posts. Lol.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just can't seem to get any kind of sustained snowfall rates here in north metro ATL. Starting to get that familiar uh-oh feeling about this event. Hoping we get bright-banded later and pick up a bunch in a short time window.

Gonna have to have something like that happen...as I'm getting intermittent rain/sleet with a temp at 32.7

FFC seems to think something is going to happen after dark.  They just changed my point forecast:

• TonightOccasional snow and sleet before 2am, then a chance of snow. Low around 29. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Just got back from a walk around town and epic snowball fight.  We have 3" but had a little sleet and freezing rain for a few minutes as we approached this lull.  The roads are horrible with people sliding everywhere.  I had to help push a car out and busted my rear in the process.

Gonna have to have something like that happen...as I'm getting intermittent rain/sleet with a temp at 32.7

FFC seems to think something is going to happen after dark.  They just changed my point forecast:

• Tonight[/size]Occasional snow and sleet before 2am, then a chance of snow. Low around 29. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Wow. That's encouraging. I'll step away from the cliff now!

Wow. That's encouraging. I'll step away from the cliff now!

Paint me skeptical...I'd almost ready to drive down there and steal some of what they're smoking because it must be pretty good schwag. I just don't see it.  1-3" maybe, but 3-5"?!  No idea where they're getting that unless some more convection develops somewhere to our south.

Hope to God my pessimism is off base..

Archived