• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

Here in SE Bartow County, GA, not far from Acworth and Emerson, snow started abruptly around 1:45pm, with fat, heavy flakes. Mixed with rain off and on for an hour and a half or so, and now it is really snowing hard, with fat wet flakes. Sticking to grass, bushes, trees and now the roads. I'd say we have almost an inch already, easy. Looks like we are just about 10-20 miles from the rain/snow line, based on radar, and we're really seeing some heavy snow. If it snows this hard for the duration, we're definitely looking at 6+". This is as hard as I have seen it snow since we moved to Georgia from St. Paul, Minnesota, 10 years ago!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The huge flakes are back and pouring again.  It will be up your way shortly.  Awesome to have another Bartow person to add to me and Greg/DixieBlizzard.  Between Emerson, Rydal, and Adairsville we've about got it covered.  We just need a Kingston.

You're going to get hammered. 

This band coming in from the SW will be here in a few minutes. Looks very heavy so I'm hoping we stay all snow. 

finally a peep in the GSP area

yep!  it started with a few big flakes, then to smaller ones.  the last 5 min or so has been a big uptick in the rate and snowflakes much bigger. temp is already below now (but just barely) at 31

from what i can tell unless it changes over (please dont) started as all snow here. no sleet or rain

dry here

there were echos over head (and decent ones) for a while and before any thing reached the ground.  was sort of expecting it to start as sleet or rain.  sure didnt :snowing:

Archived