joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jeb,  nice of you to give him a detailed explanation.  I recall a similar one you gave a number of years ago when I was also trying to figure out wth a Jebwalk is...    Just curious, what do you listen to?  Perhaps something like, "Trampled Under Foot", or "DireMaker" or "Dazed and Confused"  (all by Zeppelin), or maybe "Stranglehold" by Nugent?  Hope you cash in on this one so you can add a new song to your playback list.

Come on. The Jeb listens to noting  but the flakes bouncing off of ****.

yes...I do have those other maps that usually match wxbell and they have 0.5" tickling me and you....I'm not too worried about SV snow maps...I don't think they have a sophisticated algorithm

of course wxbell hi res is missing the 24 hour panels so far heh. snowmap looks passable.. 6ish for us. ;)

Hey Jeb,  nice of you to give him a detailed explanation.  I recall a similar one you gave a number of years ago when I was also trying to figure out wth a Jebwalk is...    Just curious, what do you listen to?  Perhaps something like, "Trampled Under Foot", or "DireMaker" or "Dazed and Confused"  (all by Zeppelin), or maybe "Stranglehold" by Nugent?  Hope you cash in on this one so you can add a new song to your playback list.

zeppelin and nugent are cool in snowstorms  :snowing:

Hey Jeb, nice of you to give him a detailed explanation. I recall a similar one you gave a number of years ago when I was also trying to figure out wth a Jebwalk is... Just curious, what do you listen to? Perhaps something like, "Trampled Under Foot", or "DireMaker" or "Dazed and Confused" (all by Zeppelin), or maybe "Stranglehold" by Nugent? Hope you cash in on this one so you can add a new song to your playback list.

Roads to Moscow from Al Stewart.... life changer.

For DC, these are rough estimates, using 10:1 ratios...I could see the case for higher (cold/fatties) and lower (sleet mixing in).   Flip doesn't mean to rain. Could be to sleet.  This is model interpretation.  Not my personal forecast. For purposes of this analysis I didn't make any assumptions about heavy snow overcoming the column.  The flip times are estimates of when I think the column is no longer at or below 0.

0z NAM - flip time - 6pm, Snow - 3"

0z GFS - flip time - 6:30 pm, Snow - 5.5"

0z GGEM - flip time - 9pm - Snow - 6.5"

0z UKMET - flip time - 7pm - Snow - 3.5"

0z 4kNAM - flip time - 6pm - Snow - 2"

0z RGEM - flip time - 7pm - Snow - 5.5"

0z Euro - flip time - 7pm - Snow - 5"

Archived