• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    420kushlife
    Newest Member
    420kushlife
Blue Ridge

Feb. 16-17 Winter Storm Obs Thread

Not that it matters long term, but currently we are sitting at 32* according to my weather station. The moderate rain has let up to a light rain with sleet mixed in. About 1 mile from Georgia line. Doesn't feel that chilly outside but it would be great to somehow drop a degree or 2 somewhere around town just to get a slight glaze on a few roads to maybe cancel work.

With that said, work won't cancel. We would have to have major parts supplier issues to slow us down.

Wonder if you guys manage anything on the back side? OHX is saying their southern areas could still get 1-3 inches this evening.

Local mets saying wintery mix possible later this afternoon and evening as temps drop. It's raining now, so roads could get very bad tonight.

Knoxville police reporting roads are bad there. Especially bridges.

Still pouring sleet here. I'm very likely out on snow accumulations unless I get a bit on the back side tonight. Hopefully some of our area posters get to stay snow.

1234, boy are we close in gate city if those maps are correct...I'd rather be in Fort Blackmoore (can't say I've said that often) lol. But per those maps we'd be in for a good time if the nose doesn't go west by 15 miles or north by 15 miles

EDIT: also known as Northwest

I have a feeling we will stay snow for the entire event. It's really picking up now.

Stove, on Jag's map, the red line is just above Knoxville. Does that mean we're in the ice area also (or more so)? My ex-husband's daughter is on her way here from Turkey Creek. I hope that area is less frozen than your street. She may take a ride down my hill straight into a dumpster. I hope not. :)

Stove, on Jag's map, the red line is just above Knoxville. Does that mean we're in the ice area also (or more so)? My ex-husband's daughter is on her way here from Turkey Creek. I hope that area is less frozen than your street. She may take a ride down my hill straight into a dumpster. I hope not. :)

Ice looks to be the predominate issue here until the snow hits on the backside, according to local mets.  Right now cars seem to be making it ok here in my neighborhood just south of 40.  Roads are very wet with some minor glazing in spots.  Temp keeps hovering at 26 degrees.  I imagine she will make it ok if she drives slow.  As the day progresses it will likely get very dangerous though.

For two miles northeast of Farragut they just upped the ice range a tenth. .3-.5 today, .1-.3 tonight. I hope it stays on the low range.

edit - that's on the south side of 40

I have a feeling we will stay snow for the entire event. It's really picking up now.

Yeah I still seem to be getting rate driven precip here, but the best rates are in front us. 

North of Gate City

I'm pretty sure I'm over an inch but I'll wait to measure later.

Bango, I'm starting to think Midway, Nicklesville, Duffield, Fort Blackmore, etc can get 10-12. High Knob may be pushing 12-15 when its all said and done.

5ed827b8f8f7a7f697bc5a29b0b91a38.jpg

8b24dbeef85ab6b77fd4ae654f342b68.jpg

Just got a report of snow and 31* in Cleveland, TN. Checked a few obs and it showed same thing

I live in cleveland and wish it were true. Lots of ice on trees and powerlines...

No pics, since my vita is dead, but ive got at least 4 inches, pretty close to five. Snows right at the door of my escape. Might actually get to the 12+ theyre calling for.

I would think you are lock for that

32* and a sloppy mess in NW corner of AL on the AL, MS, TN border. Mostly rain but some freezing occuring. Was supposed to get up to 42* according to TWC and 39* according to NOAA. Stuck at 32* and they just changed the high today to 35*

Hey, finally saw that! Thanks. You had already done it.

1" of snow on the ground and snowing moderately. Wind is out of the north at 10+mph.

Take a look at the latest HRRR. The snow line has crept south on every run.

ef72c3629f3b17d13ba3a913a1eea962.jpg