SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb. 16-17 Winter Storm Obs Thread

Blue Ridge

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

schools here are already closed,we've got plenty of snow days,havent used any until today..lol

Just about every school is closed here as well.  UT is just almost always stubborn about closing.  Even this morning, I got a text that they were delaying opening to 10am.  While my power was out and trees were falling lol.  Didn't get the full close text until the last minute.  I'm sure they'll open up despite 25 mph gust (or even 40?) on iced trees.  Would love another free day though.

Just about every school is closed here as well.  UT is just almost always stubborn about closing.  Even this morning, I got a text that they were delaying opening to 10am.  While my power was out and trees were falling lol.  Didn't get the full close text until the last minute.  I'm sure they'll open up despite 25 mph gust (or even 40?) on iced trees.  Would love another free day though.

That is irresponsible for any school system administration to do that. I know there are situations when school is already in session and conditions are deteriorating; however, when school is not in session and roads are already in horrible condition, they should close as early as possible to avoid people traversing the roads when emergency management and law enforcement agencies are advising minimal travel (unless an emergency).

That is irresponsible for any school system administration to do that. I know there are situations where an event is in progress when the weather is deteriorating; however, when the event has already completed and roads are in horrible condition, they should close as early as possible to avoid people traversing the roads when emergency management and law enforcement agencies are advising minimal travel (unless an emergency).

Apparently ETSU plans to open tomorrow, which is just stupid beyond belief.  I could almost see today opening over tomorrow, tomorrow will be horrific on the roads for rush hour if we get dusting, much less the 1-3

Apparently ETSU plans to open tomorrow, which is just stupid beyond belief. I could almost see today opening over tomorrow, tomorrow will be horrific on the roads for rush hour if we get dusting, much less the 1-3

Last year it was a half inch of high ratio snow that caused my wife to crash the van. Granted the road in front of the elementary school on a hill was unbrined, but still. Not a good idea to have employees and students out in that. The threat is clear, they all need to close.

Apparently ETSU plans to open tomorrow, which is just stupid beyond belief.  I could almost see today opening over tomorrow, tomorrow will be horrific on the roads for rush hour if we get dusting, much less the 1-3

ETSU just announced they will be closed tomorrow (according to my daughter who is a student). Glad to see common sense prevail.

Archived