• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile reports of 80 cm (= 32 in) snow for Charlottetown, PEI and 65 cm (26 in) Moncton NB, saw video of a guy in Dieppe which is near Moncton and the snow around his house looks to be 5-6 feet before drifting.

The low reached 960 mb Sunday afternoon and has been slowly moving northeast at about 958 mbs, currently in western Newfoundland.

Hi everyone! Still on my way home from documenting the blizzard on the coast of Rockport, Ma. Stopped last night to film the next storm system in Richmond, Va., as well.

That said , here are a couple of pics I took on my way out of Rockport yesterday, around noon. I measured the snow depth at various points, at my beachfront hotel, and it averaged 32". Huge drifts and buried automobiles!

Edit: The pics didn't upload due to the size of the files. Will resize and post later.

• 7 months later...

Wow Ray I am impressed, Karma is a mf er. Yea man we joke but Scotts good peeps and probably one of the best non pros I know and I am sure he is absolutely loving this positive bust. Oh how I pray 3 stations come in with confirmed blizzard, hes going to buy me a new Davis if that happens

Wish I could bust his balls

You guys bump these storm threads and make it impossible to find later haha.

It's easy with the search function...if I wanted to find this thread again, I'd just search for my posts between February 14-15 and choose "by topic"...and all the threads I posted in during that time frame would appear.

I actually think the famous meltdown may have been 2010. He's had shorter excerpts but the hall of fame post was either 2010 or 2011.

No.

It was 2007....the "Christine" melt...

I'm positive.....it was my first winter on Eastern.

He had another biggie during Boxing day 2010, but that one was of a different ilk.

No.

It was 2007....the "Christine" melt...

I'm positive.....it was my first winter on Eastern.

He had another biggie during Boxing day 2010, but that one was of a different ilk.

There must have been two long ones then, because I remember one a lot later than 2007. Not talking about the boxing day meltdown either...that was just a meltdown over being in shredded radar returns all night.

There must have been two long ones then, because I remember one a lot later than 2007. Not talking about the boxing day meltdown either...that was just a meltdown over being in shredded radar returns all night.

Not sure then.

The VD 2007 one was more personal in nature...namely lamenting Christine, the one that got away, which engendered his resentment of VD.

Well, that sounds remarkably similar to the Boxing day one...that melt was born of frustration regarding exactly that.

The VD 2007 one was more personal in nature...namely lamenting, Christine, the one that got away, which engendered his resentment of VD.

I know, I was explaining what the boxing day meltdown was, lol. I was saying the one I am remembering was NOT that...it was an epic diatribe like the one you are referring to. But it was far later than 2007...so there must have been a couple of them posted over the years.

I know, I was explaining what the boxing day meltdown was, lol. I was saying the one I am remembering was NOT that...it was an epic diatribe like the one you are referring to. But it was far later than 2007...so there must have been a couple of them posted over the years.

I corrected.

Misread...my bad.

Archived