Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Windspeed

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21z SREF is coming in considerably north of its previous run.  KY would have the bulk of the snow if it verifies with temp issues south.

American models appear to be really struggling at the moment.  Not sure I by that temp issues occur south.  Going to be bitterly cold.  Could be ice.  But really, going to be tough to get something not frozen.

American models appear to be really struggling at the moment.  Not sure I by that temp issues occur south.  Going to be bitterly cold.  Could be ice.  But really, going to be tough to get something not frozen.

I tend to agree, but the SREF p-type maps are showing snow to rain to snow even up into KY.  It'll be interesting to see the 0z runs and whether this is an anomaly or the beginning of a trend.

I tend to agree, but the SREF p-type maps are showing snow to rain to snow even up into KY.  It'll be interesting to see the 0z runs and whether this is an anomaly or the beginning of a trend.

IMO, it is an error.  Any slp can only track so far into that cold.  However, some of the great winter storms have always had a warm nose here.  It could happen.  But man, who really knows w/ the models this winter.

That 21z SREF run wanted to phase the SLP with the arctic vortex low over the Great Lakes. Not ruling that out but it's definitely an outlier at the moment. I don't know about that full phase solution, but we'll have to watch for a trend where the SLP is further north into the Apps on the 0z globals. You'd figure this close to the event something would throw a curveball. :)

So far 0z Nam looks good through 36.

It's not the mess that the SREF was but it's a tad north.  Looks like it starts as sleet south of 40.

Edit:  Not looking good, temp issues going to cut down the snow totals significantly.

Edit2:  Ok looking much better by hour 45, we'll have a decent clown.

Archived