• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    freestyle
    Newest Member
    freestyle
Windspeed

Winter Storm Threat: Feb. 16th-18th, 2015

I will be VERY interested to see the euro tonight. I'm not really sure what to think right now modelling wise. The GFS trended better, the GGEM looks great, the NAM might be an icy mess (too close to call).

I know most everyone is asleep but in the "wait.......what" department... Read number 3.

Bro, I am up! Set the internal alarm, fed the stove, and am rolling. Well, we all have something to worry about. Weakening. Too far south. Too fat north. Warm nose. Suppression. LOL. The GFS, crazy as it is, was just insane. Canadian has me a bit worried.

I know most everyone is asleep but in the "wait.......what" department... Read number 3.

Lol when is the last time that has happened? Or better to ask when is the last time that has been mentioned?

Bro, I am up! Set the internal alarm, fed the stove, and am rolling. Well, we all have something to worry about. Weakening. Too far south. Too fat north. Warm nose. Suppression. LOL. The GFS, crazy as it is, was just insane. Canadian has me a bit worried.

I'm up too! Listening to old Extreme songs. Euro is out to hr 30 on WxBell. The GFS meteogram for KTRI was only around 4 inches or so. Much less than what clown maps are showing. I think that the Baja low will phase. That is the main thing I'm looking at now. That's two streams/jets phasing. JB done went crazy. Lol

This may not get worked out until 48 hrs out from the storm. JB with something to think about.

1234, why the difference between the lollipops and meteogram?

Crazy we are within 3-4 days and modeling STILL can't figure out which of the two possibilities to amp!! Guess I am greedy, but i'd love to get 2-4ish, followed by the Baja system with 4-6 more.

Well, hate to pbp this thread...but what happens after hour 66???

LOL, snow never really gets much above NC. I bet DT's head is swimming right about now. Second wave might catch the outer banks per the euro. Uber suppressed.

Well, hate to pbp this thread...but what happens after hour 66???

The wave is exiting the region at hour 72. The Euro is keying in on the 1st wave and doesn't have anything associated with the Baja interaction. It is over at 72 hours.

Now we have 2 camps.

1) Euro/GGEM keying in on the 1st wave

2) NAM/GFS keying in on the 2nd wave and associated moisture with the base of the trough and cutoff Baja low that has been spinning there for days.

0z Euro Clown:

0867424dcc66709bcf7570b8aa535d02.jpg

LOL, snow never really gets much above NC. I bet DT's head is swimming right about now. Second wave might catch the outer banks per the euro. Uber suppressed.

How does KTRI do? IMBY, but a person has to know what a person has to know. For the record, the NAM looks like a Miller A...

The wave is exiting the region at hour 72. The Euro is keying in on the 1st wave and doesn't have anything associated with the Baja interaction. It is over at 72 hours.

Now we have 2 camps.

1) Euro/GGEM keying in on the 1st wave

2) NAM/GFS keying in on the 2nd wave and associated moisture with the base of the trough and cutoff Baja low that has been spinning there for days.

0z Euro Clown: 0867424dcc66709bcf7570b8aa535d02.jpg

Super appreciate the map!!! My money is almost always on the caboose. I could just be flat wrong. But energy diving into the back of systems has a tendency to spawn a tempest in the GOM. Edit...hate being in bed with the GFS.

The GFS is beginning to show consistency. The Euro has hardly wavered at all. The GEM has been a bit erratic but it often is. The UKIE has been solid. The best thing is that all appear to give a lot if not all of the valley a good thump even if they arrive in slightly different ways.

You guys need to go back and look at a few more days on the Euro. I know it's way out but you don't get model runs like that one often.

No kidding!!! # burried...totally missed that. The 0z Euro and GFS are showing multiple events now.