Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Windspeed

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing a few UKIE comments that it is a little south (50 miles). The map I saw would likely have provided a TN crush job. Hate the snow maps don't come out for a while. So it's likely the GGEM/GFS vs the UKMET/NAM so far. Please let the EURO hold serve.

I can't remember when tracking models for a winter storm for our area has been as much fun and as much of a roller coaster ride as has been the last 48 hours.  Each run is like being at the top of the highest hill on a roller coaster waiting for it to drop you off the precipice.

There will be the wobbles on the models but the I-40 corridor seems to be in the best spot, the north or south wobbles still seem to place it in the best totals either way. For some, as always, a 50 mile shift will mean lesser totals from lack of qpf, or from mixing issues. 

Yes, I'm getting more and more confident in significant snows for the I-40 corridor, however, minor differences in track at this point is key for who gets the heaviest amounts. Big difference in a spread of 4-6" and 8-12" totals.

There will be the wobbles on the models but the I-40 corridor seems to be in the best spot, the north or south wobbles still seem to place it in the best totals either way. For some, as always, a 50 mile shift will mean lesser totals from lack of qpf, or from mixing issues. 

Cut model snow totals in half and the 40 corridor still gets an awesome storm.

Here are the SREF plume means:

TRI 9.05

TYS 9.60

CSV 9.61

BNA 8.91

CHA 4.69

At a quick glance everyone seemed to have some members up to 15" including CHA :snowing:

Thanks for posting that! That's seems like 2-3 inches higher at KTRI than the earlier run Shawn posted. I'll take the Euro/SREF for $1000 Alex Trebek.

Archived