• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm potential Tuesday 2/17/2015

famartin

no i'm talking about the euro snow map posted in the nyc thread that's from wx bell. and i've seen others from wx bell in that thread. i don't care either way but i feel it'd be easier to just post the maps in here than do a pbp, just thought it was a big no-no.

You can post the QPF and snowfall maps but none of the other maps.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I understand, from reading through the threads, is that if it's posted on social media first it's ok. Otherwise, it's a no no. Hope that helps, although you may want to confirm anyway just to be safe.

You can post the QPF and snowfall maps but none of the other maps.

thank you guys for the info.

I do too, but I wish you guys would use actual cities instead of airport codes. I don't know half of them and it's hard to figure out where you're indicationg.

Same here...totally clueless at times. Better than nothing though I guess...

Noted, will not use airport codes on the euro pbp

I do too, but I wish you guys would use actual cities instead of airport codes. I don't know half of them and it's hard to figure out where you're indicationg.

I try to stick to the big ones that mostly everyone knows or are phonetically obvious (PHL, TTN, ABE, ACY, RDG, ILG), but yeah I agree that people should otherwise use town names or highways

All of the models have been fairly consistent the last bunch of runs. As of now it doesn't seem there will be any substantial change in the path of the storm.

Of course. When they were over us and trending north, they didn't stop right up to the onset of the storm. Now that one is south, it'll stay there.

As we get closer to the event, is there still room for a northwest trend, or do you guys think this is pretty much it? I'd love to AT LEAST be able to get into the 4-6 inch range.

Your location would be AT MOST 4-6" I would think and that;s stretching. I would go w/2-4" right now and see what happens...no one knows.

I was thinking 2-5 for the Trenton area earlier today, with the caveat that its still very open to adjustment.  I won't adjust that further until tomorrow, probably.

Fair enough. Hopefully tonight's runs come to "some sort" of agreement....all N trend would be good.

DTs "First Call" for those who didn't see it...aggressive.

post-513-0-96788500-1424050114_thumb.jpg

I was thinking 2-5 for the Trenton area earlier today, with the caveat that its still very open to adjustment.  I won't adjust that further until tomorrow, probably.

Do you think in this type of setup there is much chance of banding?  That always makes it difficult to forcast amounts for more specific areas.

Archived