joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm potential Tuesday 2/17/2015

famartin

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the middle. I have to see it to believe it but if this winter has taught us anything it is to not lock up any solution unless inside of 24 hours. IF the trends continue I do like where we sit. 

There are plenty of mets in NYC who were counting on the Norlun last night who would contend your inside 24 hour rule.

There are plenty of mets in NYC who were counting on the Norlun last night who would contend your inside 24 hour rule.

Very true, which even further backs up the idea that this could trend better or worse tonight and into tomorrow. But generally 24 hours is lock it up timeframe. This storm SHOULD be much easier on the models than the inverted trough.

so i'm a bit confused, i thought it was against board rules to post the wx bell euro maps because they are a pay site, but i've seen them posted in the nyc thread multiple times...does anyone know for sure? because if the board doesn't care, then i'll just post the euro as it comes out instead of doing a pbp..

Just contact the "higher up folks" and get a concrete answer...

so i'm a bit confused, i thought it was against board rules to post the wx bell euro maps because they are a pay site, but i've seen them posted in the nyc thread multiple times...does anyone know for sure? because if the board doesn't care, then i'll just post the euro as it comes out instead of doing a pbp..

If you are referring to the snow map above that looks to be from Euro WX.

If you are referring to the snow map above that looks to be from Euro WX.

no i'm talking about the euro snow map posted in the nyc thread that's from wx bell. and i've seen others from wx bell in that thread. i don't care either way but i feel it'd be easier to just post the maps in here than do a pbp, just thought it was a big no-no.

no i'm talking about the euro snow map posted in the nyc thread that's from wx bell. and i've seen others from wx bell in that thread. i don't care either way but i feel it'd be easier to just post the maps in here than do a pbp, just thought it was a big no-no.

maps are great but I enjoy hearing how the event unfolds via a pbp!!!

From what I understand, from reading through the threads, is that if it's posted on social media first it's ok. Otherwise, it's a no no. Hope that helps, although you may want to confirm anyway just to be safe.

Archived