joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm potential Tuesday 2/17/2015

famartin

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hour 96 1006 mb low east of Myrtle Beach, looks like it will be OTS but not a bad run overall. The trough axis is pretty far west and the western ridge is pretty amplified from what I can tell, so this certainly has room to head up the coast. I like the potential here.

GGEM also looks similar to the EURO, it tries to hook it back west but just scrapes the area. Pretty similar to 12z.

Hour 96 1006 mb low east of Myrtle Beach, looks like it will be OTS but not a bad run overall. The trough axis is pretty far west and the western ridge is pretty amplified from what I can tell, so this certainly has room to head up the coast. I like the potential here.

GGEM also looks similar to the EURO, it tries to hook it back west but just scrapes the area. Pretty similar to 12z.

don't like how much the Euro cut the precip shield. the low tracked pretty much the same exact path as 12z but the precip field shrank a good 75 miles at least.

don't like how much the Euro cut the precip shield. the low tracked pretty much the same exact path as 12z but the precip field shrank a good 75 miles at least.

Given as how we probably wouldn't want to have the ideal track from too many models at this lead, I think it's good that it's in the ballpark and close enough for adjustments over the next 3 days.

ETA: Thanks for the pbp!

Given as how we probably wouldn't want to have the ideal track from too many models at this lead, I think it's good that it's in the ballpark and close enough for adjustments over the next 3 days.

ETA: Thanks for the pbp!

ditto!!

No problem guys! i'll work on improving my descriptions as i've realized not everyone has seen the 12z run..  but as long as I'm awake, I don't mind sharing a description of the pay maps for the good of the board.

I wouldn't sweat it too much at this point, it looks like the GGEM did the opposite. We just need to get the MSLP track further west, which I think will happen over the next few runs.

Archived