• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

If that was the point, stop arguing about specifics, especially incorrect ones.

Most people here, myself included have just been trying to convey that it was close to causing precip type issues for the coast. I agree with the posters that thought this was a less than desirable solution. It leaves the smallest of margins for error.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much more worried the CMC verifies on this one, this isn't like the last event, that high chases the system south the entire trek it makes from the Midwest to the East Coast, entirely possible it ends up suppressed.

The PAC ridge is a little flat so that`s valid  and the flow is a little fast . It  runs under the vortex and I am just not sure of a bigger push through the lakes .

5 days away , I think this SW gets better modeled by 12z Friday anyway .

But the GFS and Canadian gets everyone . 

Staten Island and Brooklyn are above freezing here, so is the south shore. The point is that this run was very close to being too warm for the coast. That's what everyone here has been trying to say.

That also means it is very close to staying all frozen too. It's all perspective. Is the glass half empty or half full, you know? Not sure why people are fighting.

The GFS is colder and the Canadian has a great CAD signature . I would not sweat 1 Euro OP run and it`s 850 s  .

Would obv like to see the Euro where the GFS and CMC are and will just have to wait to see which model trends to the others .

Good Monday  threat at 12z , they all see it . 

With the east based block we just don't want anything too amplified. Just enough strength not to get suppressed

and not too strong to introduce p-type issues coast. Once the Friday clipper gets offshore on Friday we'll

probably have a better idea. But at least a front end thump before any mixing looks possible here should

Euro idea work out.

The PAC ridge is a little flat so that`s valid and the flow is a little fast . It runs under the vortex and I am just not sure of a bigger push through the lakes .

5 days away , I think this SW gets better modeled by 12z Friday anyway .

But the GFS and Canadian gets everyone .

Most of this areas best snows with these sort of events occur when there is no ridge on the west coast but a trof or zonal flow instead, the reason is likely because they dampen when they come east in that setup as opposed to amplifying, the high to the north is enough for good overrunning so you still get good snows. 1/26/94, 1/6/89, 2/8/94 all had a trof on the West coast and all events kept us mostly snow

Most of this areas best snows with these sort of events occur when there is no ridge on the west coast but a trof or zonal flow instead, the reason is likely because they dampen when they come east in that setup as opposed to amplifying, the high to the north is enough for good overrunning so you still get good snows. 1/26/94, 1/6/89, 2/8/94 all had a trof on the West coast and all events kept us mostly snow

I love GFS and Canadian center . The Euro SLP was a bit N for my liking .  The system has some duration do it . 

I am just looking for a little more confluence like the GFS offers . I didn`t want to get caught up on 1 OP .

I Think that was a great suite . 

I have to agree with PB GFI. If you live on the coast this run raises a red flag! Any further north movement and the storm ends up just like yesterday... I would much rather the storm be well south so we have room to spare right now we have none and we still have 5 days to go!!!!!!!!

The biggest difference is the high is supposed to be to the north, while Monday's storm, the high was to the south.

Well yeah, but that is because they seem to be split between focusing the energy on 2 separate waves. Look at the mean for 144-168 hours, see the moisture near the M.A. Coast? That's from ensembles focusing on the 2nd wave

Indices look a lot better, esp in Atlantic, for this event. Courtesy of HM on Twitter with this image:

86a46110b4c9489e5574ec6edf861f01.jpg

PNA looks better than this last event and so does the NAO. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we usually get our big storms when the NAO flips from neg to pos and visa versa? According to that chart, that would put us at Feb 9 and Feb 13 - when the NAO flips. PNA maintains itself nicely, and EPO goes back to neg post Feb 13 (resulting in arctic outbreak?).

Just my two cents but trying to piece together the bigger picture which should help dictate the track we are all watching change run to run. If I'm correct, wouldn't these indices, along with a stronger high in Canada (stronger/better positioned than yesterday's storm as modeled now) press this thing further south than yesterday's event? (Hopefully not too far south)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived