joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This run is further north than the last run. Reminds me of this past storm.

You do not want to be here this far out .  You want to see the center further south at this range .  You will have to count on the block to be stronger . Tread lightly at this range .

You are 5 days away with zero margin for error at 12z . 

As much as that sucks for the coast it seems plausible. I always go with the trend. Look at the low tomorrow morning way north

Why does it suck for the coast?

Euro was .50"-.75" of precip and easily all snow for NYC and most of LI.

Not to mention a very strong arctic high in the perfect spot.

Nothing wrong with that run at all.

If you want to get technical there would be some mixing for CNJ, NYC and the south shore Monday morning as the surface stays cold but the mid-levels warm. This run was good for the coast by a small margin. Great run for the interior where temps hold steady.

It's just a little concerning because there's little margain for error. Wouldn't take much of a shift for it to be mix/rain. But it's 5 days away, so who knows. Maybe tonight's Euro will go back to a much more impressive solution. I would be fine with a 6 to 8 inch storm. We still have not had a storm with more than 5 inches here in northern Middlesex county, just slightly west of NYC. I don't need a huge storm. Just give me a nice 6 to 8 inch storm. Hopefully that's not too much to ask this winter. I'm hoping Sunday is the one.

If you want to get technical there would be some mixing for CNJ, NYC and the south shore Monday morning as the surface stays cold but the mid-levels warm. This run was good for the coast by a small margin. Great run for the interior where temps hold steady.

Since maps are not being posted in the discussion thread, what is the QPF for north of NYC? Same?

This setup is colder and better then yesterday's storm.

No chance of rain. Maybe some ice on that run. But 95% of it was powdery snow.

AG, every HP system over the last 2 weeks has been modeled colder in the 5 days . There is a press through the lakes but the S shore of Long island and Monmouth are 35  and are 0 to plus 1 through the city at 144 .

You are 5 days away and every SW this year has ticked  N . If the block is stronger CAD wins . If the press is stronger through the lakes and the confluence will bring this South .

You have 0 margin for error . Yes it`s all snow at KNYC N and snows on the front and back everywhere else . But you are 5 days away and you have to wait to see if that HP is that strong .

5 days ago this AM lows were suppose to be below 0 .  3 days ago the Thursday AM  low was to be below 0 .  Both backed off . 

You just saw a system mix from where 3 days out had NYC comfortably sitting w 12 to 15 .

I would much rather see DC the JP 5 days away then the LHV . We will see but that is flag for me at this distance . 

It's just a little concerning because there's little margain for error. Wouldn't take much of a shift for it to be mix/rain. But it's 5 days away, so who knows. Maybe tonight's Euro will go back to a much more impressive solution. I would be fine with a 6 to 8 inch storm. We still have not had a storm with more than 5 inches here in northern Middlesex county, just slightly west of NYC. I don't need a huge storm. Just give me a nice 6 to 8 inch storm. Hopefully that's not too much to ask this winter. I'm hoping Sunday is the one.

Look at the perfect high pressure, east based block and antecedent airmass.

Very good run.

Archived