wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less amplified than 06z and not even on the same planet as 00z. This is around the time period that the GFS will usually try and lose the storm. This run would be a major dissapointment. Most of the activity stays South of Philly until Monday night.

Major dissapointment for who?

Coastal is coming in colder. It snows for our area from Sunday through Tuesday. Great run.

Less amplified than 06z and not even on the same planet as 00z. This is around the time period that the GFS will usually try and lose the storm. This run would be a major dissapointment. Most of the activity stays South of Philly until Monday night.

lol which one is it ?Looks to me like we do get a good amount of precip, but definitely spread out over time. Not exactly the type of setup you'd like to see if it was closer to the event I guess you could say though. This far out of course we all know truly anything can happen with it

Major dissapointment for who?

For anyone that was expecting a long duration event. This has a few periods of steadier snow with flurries or snow showers for 75% of the time. And Western areas are once again on the verge of missing out completely. Just eyeballing it TTN and PHL would completely miss the coastal.

Hopefully the initial over running ends up a lot steadier than what the Euro and GFS are showing.

lol which one is it ?Looks to me like we do get a good amount of precip, but definitely spread out over time. Not exactly the type of setup you'd like to see if it was closer to the event I guess you could say though. This far out of course we all know truly anything can happen with it

Any run that gives him snow is a great run.

For anyone that was expecting a long duration event. This has a few periods of steadier snow with flurries or snow showers for 75% of the time. And Western areas are once again on the verge of missing out completely. Just eyeballing it TTN and PHL would completely miss the coastal.

Hopefully the initial over running ends up a lot steadier than what the Euro and GFS are showing.

Oy, this is bad modelhugging here.

We were getting the really high totals because of the strong overrunning from Sunday-Monday night. The coastal was just an added bonus. We're starting to lose the overrunning.

I'm not surprised at that.   One of the two is not likely to work out in the end.  Ain't going to snow for 4 days

Archived