• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

This setup is colder and better then yesterday's storm.

No chance of rain. Maybe some ice on that run. But 95% of it was powdery snow.

I didn't say it was any of that. By 12z Monday the 850mb freezing line stretches from HPN to MMU. The warming occurs early Monday morning like I said. The immediate coast would mix with sleet at that point.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This setup is colder and better then yesterday's storm.

No chance of rain. Maybe some ice on that run. But 95% of it was powdery snow.

a4083ca0086e9ad679d1626a1a53cc08.jpg

This will be key here. The AO was forecast more robustly positive yesterday. If the AO can continue to trend more neutral, then the LP will be further south.

I didn't say it was any of that. By 12z Monday the 850mb freezing line stretches from HPN to MMU. The warming occurs early Monday morning like I said. The immediate coast would mix with sleet at that point.

At 12z Monday the 850 line is south of KNYC and KLGA.

And almost no precip falls after that. Storm done by then.

What's the point in arguing p-type details on a D5-6 plot?

Not arguing. I am correcting false info.

The 850 line never gets north of KNYC or KLGA at hours 135, 138 or 141.

Unless he has hourly maps in between that, those 3 hour panels do not show it.

The GFS and GGEM are colder . It`s 5 days  away  . I am just pointing out what I would like my starting point to be .

Good threat on the models . Should be the take away . 

Will root that we snow from Philly on N so we get everyone you animals . 

I have to agree with PB GFI. If you live on the coast this run raises a red flag! Any further north movement and the storm ends up just like yesterday... I would much rather the storm be well south so we have room to spare right now we have none and we still have 5 days to go!!!!!!!!

Staten Island and Brooklyn are above freezing here, so is the south shore. The point is that this run was very close to being too warm for the coast. That's what everyone here has been trying to say.

I never mentioned anything except KNYC and KLGA.

And it wasn't close.

The majority of the precip is over by the time warming gets close. 4"-8" run for everyone.

6 hours previous precip in 3 hour increments.

The GFS is colder and the Canadian has a great CAD signature . I would not sweat 1 Euro OP run and it`s 850 s  .

Would obv like to see the Euro where the GFS and CMC are and will just have to wait to see which model trends to the others .

Good Monday  threat at 12z , they all see it . 

Staten Island and Brooklyn are above freezing here, so is the south shore. The point is that this run was very close to being too warm for the coast. That's what everyone here has been trying to say.

If that was the point, stop arguing about specifics, especially incorrect ones.

The GFS is colder and the Canadian has a great CAD signature . I would not sweat 1 Euro OP run and it`s 850 s .

Would obv like to see the Euro where the GFS and CMC are and will just have to wait to see which model trends to the others .

Good Monday threat at 12z , they all see it .

Much more worried the CMC verifies on this one, this isn't like the last event, that high chases the system south the entire trek it makes from the Midwest to the East Coast, entirely possible it ends up suppressed.

Archived