joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those maps are hillarious and usually the opposite happens. I would've had like 60-80" by now had those maps verified.

Also it's about a week out and we saw what happened with yesterday's storm. Looks like it'll be a +AO/+PNA combo which would support a moderate event.

The storm is 5 days out, multiple models have it. says to me , keep an eye , type of storm being delinenated & details to follow in 48 hours.

Those maps are hillarious and usually the opposite happens. I would've had like 60-80" by now had those maps verified.

Also it's about a week out and we saw what happened with yesterday's storm. Looks like it'll be a +AO/+PNA combo which would support a moderate event.

It's actually inside 5 days but it's still to early to get specific.

why no model snow maps in the thread, please, this is winter in NYC and if the maps are specific to the threat why not. I think those in the know understand they are to be taken with a grain of salt but it's part of the fun of the hobby. jmo.

Love the maps.It's part of the fun

why no model snow maps in the thread, please, this is winter in NYC and if the maps are specific to the threat why not. I think those in the know understand they are to be taken with a grain of salt but it's part of the fun of the hobby. jmo.

A few reasons...

1) Those weenie WxBell maps assume a 10:1 ratio which is not always correct, in fact most of the time it's wrong.

2) The WxBell maps count sleet as snow.

3) In general snowfall amounts are nearly impossible to forecast more than a day in advance, and sometimes even hours in advance as slight changes in temperature profiles and mesoscale features can have large implications.

Archived