joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intentional or not, I think slant sticking is the rule rather than the exception.

Either some like to see their town top the list, or the general public thinks we want to know the depth of the tallest drift in their backyard.

The snow was very fluffy here...maybe they are board sweeping even if they aren't being asked to?  That might explain an extra 4 or 5 inches.

12.5" here will do it.  Shoveling was the easiest foot I think I've ever moved!

After the final 3.5 hours of some of the most intense snowfall I've seen around these parts, I'm going to hazard that we are close to 18" new. Snow on the ground IMBY is over the 2011 max which was the most I've seen in the 18 years I've been here. Actual total today may be greater, but I'm hedging around the airport amounts which were last confirmed before the final blow. Last bit was fluff compared with earlier.

That's it? Must be a lot of compaction. I think I remember Will saying when you start getting above 30" it starts to compact a lot.

Yes...it's like lake effect.

I'm a good ways below 2011 depth...there was more "man snow" that season....

A lot tougher to build pack here on the cp, than it is in spots like ORH....on a sunny day with a west wind, we'll be like 34*, while they rot @ 28*

I wouldn't cast too many aspersions on Lunenburg. It's high but not insanely so. Going with ORH airport at 34.5 for the blizzard (I thought I was at 36, but will go with the lower) + 6.2 the Saturday before ( I was at 7.5--with Shrewsbury, but will go low) and a good hard guesstimate of 18" today, I'm at 58.7 since a week ago Saturday. That's pushing within inches of our normal annual. Even peeling off a couple more inches for today if ORH comes in shy, we may easily surpass our average annual snowfall in one two week period if the Thursday-Friday and Sunday-Monday shows are on.

Archived