joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bike ride in to work in Kendall at 10 this morning was interesting; plows can barely keep up with the snow. Not many people out, though. 1/4 to 1/2 visibility, and while it has let up a bit since then we're back to not being able to see the jail in East Cambridge (1/2 mile) so it's still coming down. Watching the CF meander towards us. No thermometer here, but the roads they salted are whitening up pretty quickly.

Apparently it is now the snowiest week on record at BOS.

There's a lot of moisture still to go with this...this is more of a GGEM solution from 2 days ago when it showed a solid 3-6" on the back side versus just an inch or two of fluff.

I remember saying we'd need a GGEM type solution to get more widspread 12"+ totals...well, that is basically what is verifying right now. That mid-level center is redeveloping very quickly. Maybe not quite as crazy as the GGEM solutions but more than some of the other models were suggesting.

There's a lot of moisture still to go with this...this is more of a GGEM solution from 2 days ago when it showed a solid 3-6" on the back side versus just an inch or two of fluff.

I remember saying we'd need a GGEM type solution to get more widspread 12"+ totals...well, that is basically what is verifying right now. That mid-level center is redeveloping very quickly. Maybe not quite as crazy as the GGEM solutions but more than some of the other models were suggesting.

Looks like Steve and some others may be right....coastal took over in time, so it wasn't a classic swfe. 

My apologies, Steve.

Euro looked pretty robust for the back end stuff too from what I saw at 12z.

Good mention. It really does look like gem backside.

Looks like Steve and some others may be right....coastal took over in time, so it wasn't a classic swfe. 

My apologies, Steve.

I figured 1-3 on the back end...versus just a typical dryslot like most SWFEs, but I didn't expect a GGEM-esque CCB trying to develop.

It almost reminds me of 12/21/08 when you caught the CCB developing and up into Maine, except this is further south. That was a pretty classic SWFE-turned-coastal.

Archived