12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2015 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just for Boston; areas just to the west around Worcester had close to 150" that year. There are places that are having 70" in less than 3 weeks, with this storm still ongoing and another potential powerhouse storm on Thursday.

What they're seeing is not unprecedented.

Their snowiest winter on record was 1995-1996, with 107" of snow...

What they're seeing is not unprecedented.

Their snowiest winter on record was 1995-1996, with 107" of snow...

62.5" on the season and they'll be closing in on 70" after today. They've got a chance to approach their record, especially with this pattern. But what's even more impressive is that Boston only had 4.7" on the season as late as January 23rd! Ridiculous three weeks for them.

62.5" on the season and they'll be closing in on 70" after today. They've got a chance to approach their record, especially with this pattern. But what's even more impressive is that Boston only had 4.7" on the season as late as January 23rd! Ridiculous three weeks for them.

As the posters there would say "What an EPIC pattern"

Some (not me) think they're being punished for DeflateGate...:lmao:

Climo aside, the gradient between there and areas farther south is becoming pretty ridiculous.  NYC only has 20.1" on the season.

Today is exhibit A why I never want a snowpack to go away even if it's dirty. A weekend thaw left sludge and dirty snowbanks everywhere...a harmless dusting last night...instant deep winter wonderland and all is bright white again.

We are one of the better spots in the midwest for snowpack so while I admit im jealous of boston inch no complaints. But I will say this, you wont see me shed a tear if they get a flood lol. We did ok last march when our 4" water content snowpack melted slowly and without any rain,.but with this pattern they may go right from snowstorms to rainstorms. One after another.

that last pic josh is stunning!

8-12" in the forecast the next 2 days.  New snow along with the fresh snow the past couple days and winds 35-45 mph may create blizzard conditions... especially between Marquette and Munising.  MQT's afd already highlighting this.  Even worse conditions expected  fri night/sat.  going to be fun!

8-12" in the forecast the next 2 days.  New snow along with the fresh snow the past couple days and winds 35-45 mph may create blizzard conditions... especially between Marquette and Munising.  MQT's afd already highlighting this.  Even worse conditions expected  fri night/sat.  going to be fun!

I just checked Houghton and your NWS P&C.  Love it ... snow, snow, snow and more snow!!! :snowing::thumbsup:

8-12" in the forecast the next 2 days. New snow along with the fresh snow the past couple days and winds 35-45 mph may create blizzard conditions... especially between Marquette and Munising. MQT's afd already highlighting this. Even worse conditions expected fri night/sat. going to be fun!

MQT_Snow.png

I have no desire of living outside Detroit or Chicago but seeing your pics and forecasts is enough to make me think about it. Those winter scenes are just mind blowing, definitely a change from the gray dirty look of the city in the winter.

Archived