• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 2015 General Discussion

snowlover2

What a weird day. Freezing rain north and snow south with a clipper that tracked way north.

In Farmington Hills, Id say there was 0.1", MAYBE 0.2" of snow and snow pellets (.2 is being generous), then on the way home, not til right around the airport is there snow on the tree limbs and DTW picked up 0.7" today, then in Wyandotte even a bit more with 0.9", snow on the trees, and people shoveling. The snow even has that brighter look down here. Keepin' the glacier fresh.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a weird day. Freezing rain north and snow south with a clipper that tracked way north.

In Farmington Hills, Id say there was 0.1", MAYBE 0.2" of snow and snow pellets (.2 is being generous), then on the way home, not til right around the airport is there snow on the tree limbs and DTW picked up 0.7" today, then in Wyandotte even a bit more with 0.9", snow on the trees, and people shoveling. The snow even has that brighter look down here. Keepin' the glacier fresh.

Yeah, it was actually shovelable since it was low ratio stuff mixed with IP. A nice surprise. We've been getting some mist for the past few hours which now is starting to freeze over since the temperature dropped, my street is like an ice skating rink.

bracing for a pretty rough weekend in these parts. while not a ton of snow, 5-8" new snow around here, the wind and cold combined with the 20-25+" over the past week will create some the most dangerous winter weather there is. could well be some of the worst conditions I have ever witnessed.

The UP 200 dog sled race starts tonight in Marquette and heads east to Grand Marias. it's going to be brutal along m-28, where another closure is certain. several miles of ice and snow on the lake will cripple that area.

looks like Superior may well freeze up tight next week and beyond

Haha! I'd hate to be stranded in the woods during this.

Ratios here are pretty low. The snow is dense and very fine.

Right now I am getting a snow burst.  I can't see more than 200ft right now :snowing: .  I assume this must be the front moving through.  Wish it would stall right here for a few hours :whistle:  I know just dreaming again ^_^

Really intense band of lake effect snow off a nearly completely frozen lake erie going on right now.

…HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT THE AREA THIS MORNING…

* A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3
INCHES PER HOUR…AND VISIBILITY NEAR ZERO AT TIMES WILL CONTINUE
ACROSS GRAND ISLAND…THE TONAWANDAS…AMHERST AND CLARENCE
THROUGH 10 AM.

* THIS BAND WILL SLOWLY SHIFT INTO THE CITY OF BUFFALO…DEPEW…
CHEEKTOWAGA…AND LANCASTER THROUGH 11 AM.

Archived