Newest Member
    Toothache
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gino's fb status from about 15mins ago 

"I'm actually giving very serious consideration to upgrading to a blizzard warning for some areas, oh joy.."

Gino's not really a snow lover from what I remember hearing, so I wonder if he's liking this.  :lol:

Personally I think they should upgrade.  The data supports it (or darn close to it, even being conservative) and the term blizzard warning is probably more of an attention getter.  With all the big game festivities, it's not a normal Sunday.  In any case, gonna be really dangerous for anyone venturing out.

Gino's not really a snow lover from what I remember hearing, so I wonder if he's liking this. :lol:

Personally I think they should upgrade. The data supports it (or darn close to it, even being conservative) and the term blizzard warning is probably more of an attention getter. With all the big game festivities, it's not a normal Sunday. In any case, gonna be really dangerous for anyone venturing out.

I agree 100%. Guidance doesn't get much more textbook for a true chicago blizzard than what we have been seeing tonight. It's going to be rip city for hours, with travel likely nearly impossible by daybreak.

Just waiting for my phone to go crazy, as I think a blizzard warning is one of those things that sets of the emergency alert tone in te phone

Gino's not really a snow lover from what I remember hearing, so I wonder if he's liking this.  :lol:

Personally I think they should upgrade.  The data supports it (or darn close to it, even being conservative) and the term blizzard warning is probably more of an attention getter.  With all the big game festivities, it's not a normal Sunday.  In any case, gonna be really dangerous for anyone venturing out.

This. To add to the multi-model consensus tonight, UKMET also bulls-eyes the I-80 and I-88 corridors. 30-40 mm is 1.18" to 1.57"

PA_000-048_0000.gif

Also it takes an extremely similar track to the Euro and GFS. 1002 mb over IND at 00z and 998 mb over central OH at 06z, which should give confidence in BZ.W criteria. 

Not used to seeing radar returns of the first bands of a storm coming into Michigan *not* falling apart, let alone filling in.

I was also thinking the same thing. I looked at the radar and thought something seemed strange.

No virga around here. The moment that precip. on radar was over our area was the moment snowflakes began falling.

I was also thinking the same thing. I looked at the radar and thought something seemed strange.

No virga around here. The moment that precip. on radar was over our area was the moment snowflakes began falling.

Good to hear. Virga right now IMBY ... I put my rant about it in the banter thread.

Hope it doesn't last long here.

Here in Windsor you can see the moisture in the air around all the lights. 12 inches looks to be a lock in these parts, perhaps much more given tonight's model trends. All the equipment is ready to go.  I think pick up trucks will be more less useless to plow with by tomorrow evening, sure am glad I spent the time and effort to upgrade to heavy equipment a few years back.

.5" the last hour

2.4 inch total...some compaction

vis at clow has been at a mile or under for 3 straight hours now

Starting to wonder if LOT cwa may be in line for power outages.  If the short range runs are right and it remains a wetter snow with temps around freezing until midday, there could very well be like 8-10" of snow down by then, which could start to cause a problem as the winds pick up.  Already reading about some problems out west toward Omaha.

Archived