joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

? Theyre forecasting a foot. Surely they'll up amounts with the morning package. If you want play by play, the NWS is the wrong place to look. Thats what this board is for.

That's why I'm here :)

I guess I just assume if there's a warning in place, the staff would be uber-enthralled to give updates on the situation. Many people look to them for updates, once the warning is issued, and with today's fast-paced world expect a frequent update.

Oh well, trend looks good here in MBY...

NSSL WRF looking pretty juicy.  Dropping pockets of 30-35mm (1.18-1.37") of precip from eastern IA, through northern IL, and through northern IN.  This is only out 26hrs, so much more to come for the peeps out east.

How good is that model when it comes to snow/precip amounts?

It tends to do excellent with severe weather, even with placement of individual storms/supercells at times.

How good is that model when it comes to snow/precip amounts?

It tends to do excellent with severe weather, even with placement of individual storms/supercells at times.

It's done pretty well in the past from what I've seen.  If anything maybe even a touch on the conservative side, but I don't follow it as much as other guidance this time of the year.

4z HRRR..it also initialized better with area wide 1" totals at 5z..

attachicon.gifhrrr_ref_chicago_14.png

attachicon.gifhrrr_snow_chicago_16.png

Still plenty of snow to follow as well.  What an impressive storm system this turned out to be.  I remember 3-4 days ago this was looking like a great spread the wealth 2-4" type storm for many of us, and then things just started/kept escalating.  

Still plenty of snow to follow as well.  What an impressive storm system this turned out to be.  I remember 3-4 days ago this was looking like a great spread the wealth 2-4" type storm for many of us, and then things just started/kept escalating.  

Someone, I don't remember who, said (tongue-in-cheek, presumably) about thee days ago that GHD started out as a modest event in the same timeframe too.

I wasn't out here yet for that so I don't know...

Archived