joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all my fellow Michiganders on the snow you're forecast to get. I'm hoping that by acting like I'm happy for you that it we'll help me with my agony of defeat AGAIN.

Thanks.  I am hoping these jacked models actually are correct.  I still think there will be a good mid-Atlantic storm(s) yet for you this season.  It sure looks like the Boston Blizzard that just occurred is finally the beginning of good times for most east 1/2 of the CONUS.

Same here.. Getting some light snow here at the moment..

I think you'll do well Tim! :snowing:

Hopefully we both do. And go Seahawks. :)

agreed, Tim will be good!   if not, think of warm golf in the spring...lol

Remember we're supposed to play golf sometime. Good luck over there.

Hey guys. I will be staying in Lima, Ohio the next few days . I'm from ga so I dont know anything about driving on snow. Does anyone think I 75 will be in decent driving conditions by Tuesday ?

Should be just fine by Tuesday as that is 24 hours after the storm.  If you not used to driving on snow then stay in the slow lane and do what the sane people are doing!!!

Meijer on Webber Road was a looney bin.....packed

also...

KBMI 312356Z 23006KT 4SM -SN

That always makes me crack up these days.  It is not like the 60s/70s any more where a foot+ of snow would shut down everything for several days.  You would think we were getting 3'-4'+ like area's south of Buffalo did in November.

Of course it probably even worse with all the last minute SB party shoppers with all the snowstorm freaking out idiots  :lmao:

Thanks.  I am hoping these jacked models actually are correct.  I still think there will be a good mid-Atlantic storm(s) yet for you this season.  It sure looks like the Boston Blizzard that just occurred is finally the beginning of good times for most east 1/2 of the CONUS.

. I have family all over washtenaw and Livingston county getting ready to fire their MXz sleds for this one. Nothing like 800cc's of fun after the Super Bowl tomorrow! A couple of days ago this one looked like it was ours damn it. ROAD TRIP TO PINCKNEY!!!!

Wow, may I ask, what do you do for a job?

I work in a diesel repair shop. lol I am the Skywarn coordinator. The EMA Director has no interest in meteorology, so I'm recruited to be the local weatherman on call.

I've decided to not subject the board with my angst-ridden posts. It's a win-win for everybody. But, hoping for the best here. It's not going to be easy (or pretty) in the LAF this time. Good luck up there my friend. :)

Thanks. I think that we'll do well. You were just being rightfully pessimistic. I can see you getting well over 6" though. Let us know.

Tim is going to have to take over full-time reporting duties for LAF as I have decided to pull the trigger on a road trip north to Lake county Indiana for this one.  Been wrestling with this throughout the day but big snowstorm takes precedence over Super Bowl plans and I told myself that if there was any shot to get close to 18", I'd go, and I think there's a chance.  Have seen numerous 10-12" storms in my life but it's a different animal when you start getting toward 18.  Plus the blizzard conditions that are looking more and more likely.

Not sure how or when I'm going to get back to LAF, but I'm hoping there will be enough of an impact here to disrupt things for Monday and give me some extra time.  Knowing how the roads get, I'd probably be better off flying into the Purdue airport than driving :lol:

Looking forward to sharing this one with the Chicago metro crew.

Hey guys. I will be staying in Lima, Ohio the next few days . I'm from ga so I dont know anything about driving on snow. Does anyone think I 75 will be in decent driving conditions by Tuesday ?

I75 will be an absolute and utter mess. Drive defensibly because it will be the other person who will take you out. Im 1.5 hours North of Lima. Good luck!

Tim is going to have to take over full-time reporting duties for LAF as I have decided to pull the trigger on a road trip north to Lake county Indiana for this one.  Been wrestling with this throughout the day but big snowstorm takes precedence over Super Bowl plans and I told myself that if there was any shot to get close to 18", I'd go, and I think there's a chance.  Have seen numerous 10-12" storms in my life but it's a different animal when you start getting toward 18.  Plus the blizzard conditions that are looking more and more likely.

Not sure how or when I'm going to get back to LAF, but I'm hoping there will be enough of an impact here to disrupt things for Monday and give me some extra time.  Knowing how the roads get, I'd probably be better off flying into the Purdue airport than driving :lol:

Cool! Have a safe trip, keep us posted and take lots of pics! I love me some hoosierwxdude road trips.

Good call. Might be a top 5'er for you personally up there. I debated about heading up to IKK this evening, but thought it better to not jinx vortex. Have fun and enjoy. :D

Safe travels Hoosier!!!

Archived