Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAH is going conservative for now...

PROGRESSION OF THIS SYSTEM STILL REMAINS QUITE UNCERTAIN... WITH CONSIDERABLE VARIATION AMONGST MODEL SOLUTIONS IN HANDLING THE PRIMARY SOUTHERN STREAM ENERGY... AND THE TRAILING NORTHERN STREAM WAVE. ECMWF REMAINS SUPPRESSED WITH THE SOUTHERN STREAM UPPER LEVEL WAVE AND MUCH WEAKER WITH THE SECOND NORTHERN STREAM ONE... AND PUSHES THE LOW EASTWARD OUT TO SEA WITH NO LOCAL IMPACTS... WHILE THE GFS BRINGS THE LOW ALONG THE SOUTHEAST COAST AS STRONGER NORTHERN STREAM ENERGY DIVES INTO THE AREA... RESULTING IN WIDESPREAD RAIN THURSDAY. WITH NO STRONG CONSENSUS TO DRIVE A DEVIATION FROM THE CURRENT FORECAST... WILL CONTINUE WITH SLIGHT TO CHANCE POPS ON THURSDAY... WITH DRY CONDITIONS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. TEMPS WILL REMAIN BELOW NORMAL THURS THROUGH SAT. 

The Euro and EPS were awful with the rainy coastal a couple of weeks ago, it was consistently way SE. Didn't pick it up until inside day 4. I bet GFS gives us a weenie run shortly.

Very true.  Let's hope they're wrong again.

BTW, did you see the ridiculous D10 Euro?  Not sure what that system was, but it dropped an inch or so for portions of N NC and of course destroyed DC.  The clown actually drops 3" of fake digital snow here.

Who is this guy???? I agree and the euro op has corrected north the last two systems

LOL, supression hasn't been the issue this year. Temps have been an issue and systems have been digging more, better phasing inside day 5. Look at this storm today/tomorrow. It was a weak wave for us 2-3 days ago now it's a rainy mess for NYC because it's so amped up.

LOL, supression hasn't been the issue this year. Temps have been an issue and systems have been digging more, better phasing inside day 5. Look at this storm today/tomorrow. It was a weak wave for us 2-3 days ago now it's a rainy mess for NYC because it's so amped up.

no blocking is just killing us so far this year. Just a little would go a long way.

gfs sends the low over central fl. no precip makes it north of the fl/ga state line.

I just have a hard time believing that will happen with how wet it has been here this winter. Not having the cold at the right time has been the problem this winter, not suppression. Suppression goes against the pattern we have been in all winter.

Congrats to Waycross on the 18z GFS hr 138! Seriously

I still like the look! It looks like a fromtal passage Thursday, with some leftovers down around SGA! Man , the high is strong, 1043 or something! Look for these trends by Monday: all models will shift NW, the high will be atleast 10-15 MB weaker than progged now, and a cold rain for Friday

Book it!

I just have a hard time believing that will happen with how wet it has been here this winter. Not having the cold at the right time has been the problem this winter, not suppression.

oh no doubt. we have seen this countless times with the old gfs where we would celebrate when it would send our low to cuba and bring it back into the money 3-4 days out.  just not sure the new gfs has the same tendencies and if the cold really will be there.

18z NAVGEM has a pretty good shot of snow/ice for middle SC/GA... a little too suppressed for the rest of us.

Both the navy and JMA develop excellent confluence in new england(and thus classic CAD) in tandem with our potential system  b/c they are faster with the northern stream system up there... It would be nice to see the other global models trend in this direction...

post-309-0-93860300-1422743337_thumb.gif

Some of our best storms looked like this 5 days out, glad to see all the models have the same supression look, this is the one !

I completely agree. This is a good look to have. Storms have trended north all winter. We may end up with a cold rain but if you look at trends from all winter they trend north.

oh no doubt. we have seen this countless times with the old gfs where we would celebrate when it would send our low to cuba and bring it back into the money 3-4 days out. just not sure the new gfs has the same tendencies and if the cold really will be there.

If it does get suppressed this time then we just have horrible luck. Like I said, it would go against the pattern we have been in all winter.

I just have a hard time believing that will happen with how wet it has been here this winter. Not having the cold at the right time has been the problem this winter, not suppression. Suppression goes against the pattern we have been in all winter.

Good post, Brick. 100% spot on. Things could not look better at this point, if you ask me.

Archived