• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

The NAM past 30 isn't too great either.  We need to take that technology/funds and replace it with something better.  If I'm not mistaken, didn't the NAM basically take over for the ETA (that was crazy wrong on ptype/precip)?  I don't mind it on the Hi-Res scale within 12 hours though.

ive found the nam is only good for keeping my weenie hopes alive when all the other models show otherwise.  can't even trust it 24hrs out most of the time.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the 00z NAM could just be a preview of the trends in the models we are going to get tonight.  I wouldn't outright dismiss it.  We'll see.

It will be hilarious in some sad, sadistic way when this goes Apps Runner on us in five days and then Miller Bs around 40N and destroys Boston.

Yep on the Apps runner and Boston jack potting again. They are inline 15-18" which would give them 40"' in 7-8 days. It has to stop snowing there eventually...or does it.

00z GFS looks like a toned down version of the 12z JMA... I would gladly cash out with the 4 inches of powder snow it gives me.

Edit.. Looks like it has freezing rain all the way to Savannah, and a bunch of snow down to Charleston...

Actually the surface freezing line breaks into Northern Florida... I wonder how often Florida sees freezing rain??

Good run for many in the SE...Not mby but good for others.

It can only trend north from here :) Just checked in at the right time, I kept saying the signal was there for a storm and the cold just needed to work out...welp...we get that phase and we're in business here in NC! Please snow gods, I have an exam Friday.

It can only trend north from here :) Just checked in at the right time, I kept saying the signal was there for a storm and the cold just needed to work out...welp...we get that phase and we're in business here in NC! Please snow gods, I have an exam Friday.

The phase was so close...With the southern energy slowing down I thought for sure there would be a phase.  It'll be interesting would future runs hold.

Archived