joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting point about it being the para GFS -- there's no track record with it. Guess we're going to find out if it's good in these situations or lousy at recognizing CAD.

The only storm semi similar is the freezing rain debacle 2 weeks ago. Para. Had all rain for the LHV south. We know how that played out

Next

LOL.... and the Cold Air Coming down currently in the upper mid west dives straight south raising heights along the East Coast and warm air sweeps in from the Southeastern States and Atlantic and its all rain....  :axe:   Welcome to the Winter of 2014-2015 still less than 3" of snow on the year at Philadelphia International Airport even after our "Blizzard" this year is getting ugly FAST!! :violin:

:axe: :axe: :axe:

Nothing more to say about that. Pathetic, especially for you guys ABE and south. To go from single digits the day before to a driving rainstorm, to potentially sub zero the day after is unreal.

not so sure this is going to be a driving rainstorm.....not feeling as great about a mostly snow event, but I see real issues with surface temperatures

I go back to sleep and then wake up to this model run. Let me say this, I'll wait till the NAO goes negative. Pretty much the models reflect a rotten pattern we've been In for a whole. Just a horrible season to get any meaningful snow.

Monday , good day to check out the car show..

I go back to sleep and then wake up to this model run. Let me say this, I'll wait till the NAO goes negative. Pretty much the models reflect a rotten pattern we've been In for a whole. Just a horrible season to get any meaningful snow.

really this model suite hasnt been all bad both the NAM and GGEM still show a good snow event for a lot of the area, the GFS is pretty blah, and UKMET way north.  So far from a consensus

Winter Storm Watch up just 6 miles up the road from me in Berks County...I will be so close I could almost shovel it!!

We were in this same boat a day before the epic "blizzard." Only for models to keep trending worse for the area and we dropped to an advisory and ended up not even getting an inch. Different situation here but if the north trend continues I could see Mt. Holly downgrading yet again up here. 

Archived