joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hasn't nailed anything til it happens.  That said, the Euro seems to again be the last to see the light.  If this storm is like last one, we can expect a random couple runs of the NAM to have some wacky southward cold push tomorrow and then suddenly reverse back to warm as the storm begins :P

And if that were to happen we would certainly not get excited about it :o .

Latest Wxsim with 18z for NW Chesco...although of course expect changes by 12z tomorrow

Overall 1.32" of total 1.67" falls as frozen

Snow/IP before change to ZR around 5" by 5am Monday morning

Temp appears to get to about 33.9 at 130pm....but vast majority of precip falls before the surface struggles above freezing.

Just another in a string of fascinating systems to watch....this will not be the last.....good times for those who like tracking winter weather!

•  

It looks like the models currently are in pretty good agreement that we should see light snow spreading in in the late afternoon to early evening tomorrow. The heavier precipitation appears to come in from the west after midnight, around the same time the warm air starts moving north across the MD line (midnight - 2 am).

I think an inch or two, maybe a little more, is possible in extreme SEPA before a changeover to eventually plain rain.

It should be more interesting the further north you go, hopefully the snow will pile up before the warm air moves in.

For down here I'd still be in favor of a weaker storm than currently modeled.

It looks like the models currently are in pretty good agreement that we should see light snow spreading in in the late afternoon to early evening tomorrow. The heavier precipitation appears to come in from the west after midnight, around the same time the warm air starts moving north across the MD line (midnight - 2 am).

I think an inch or two, maybe a little more, is possible in extreme SEPA before a changeover to eventually plain rain.

It should be more interesting the further north you go, hopefully the snow will pile up before the warm air moves in.

For down here I'd still be in favor of a weaker storm than currently modeled.

yes for us Chads Ford to Media 0.3" for the Airport LOL

Archived