joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest Wxsim with 12z GFS/NAM increases total precip and thump of snow amounts for NW Chesco here is the rundown - all 10:1 ratios (2.21" total w.e.)

Light Snow arrives by 630pm temp 18.9

1am Heavy Snow temp 20.7 (1.8" snow)

4am Heavy Snow temp 24.5 (6.8" snow)

6am Snow/IP mix 25.5 (9.4" of snow/ip)

630a-1030am 0.86" of ZR falls

1030a-1230pm temp briefly gets up to 33.1 in light drizzle

Heavier precip moves back in by 1230pm -2pm with a heavy mix of Snow/Rain temp near freezing becoming all snow toward 2pm ending by 4pm (0.30") fall during this time

Looks like essentially the euro has come 10-15 miles north so held it's ground for the most part unlike the GFS

Majority snow Allentown some sleet

Never mind that after seeing the EUROwx map its a good 30 miles north this run

8.5" snow Allentown

4-6" upper Montco , Bucks and West Chester and i imagine significant sleet thrown in

Never mind that after seeing the EUROwx map its a good 30 miles north this run

8.5" snow Allentown

4-6" upper Montco , Bucks and West Chester and i imagine significant sleet thrown in

well are we talking what the snowfall maps are showing or track of the storm?  those are two different things

biggest event of the year for PHL, so you take what you can get.  plus there is potential still for a snowier solution

I agree with this but the models have shown this before and at the Airport winds up getting less than an inch go just 13 miles west where I am at and we are the ones that get your 2-3".. hence...

Media has like 7" total on the year and the Airport is struggling to get to 3" .... That 7-13 miles has made a huge difference just shows you how bad its been from the City South and East for this Winter... clearly a snow drought.

Archived