joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS could lead the way let's hope. ECM probably too wound up and warm with the pressing arctic high I think

Solid 1" QPF on the 18z

MOST importantly - Miller A

Great hit the delete button....

AO falling

NAO falling

PNA rising

MJO solidly in phase 7

GFS 2 Miller A's

Feb 1 5 life is good

Best signals all year in my opinion and in this winter time to take it and run

Thursday had potential because the seasonal trend had been for clippers to track south. So far this one keeps going north, go figure winter 2015 keeps throwing cheap shots.

Still time for it to trend a bit more south in this winter, as they have for the most part. I don't think it will matter as it will still most likely a minor event but I like those 1-2 inch guys to freshen up a snow pack. The signals for next week look great, I'll be surprised if we can't get a solid 6"+ storm out of that pattern, but with this winter Ya never know lol

Based on the telecommunications, active sub tropical jet stream, and the fact that Miller A's tend to do well here is a good sign. Now, we wait patently. Not even going to mention this storm to anyone until thursday or friday. 

I feel cheated after yesterday, not going to hype a storm six days out

I assume you mean teleconnections...

Anyway I agree with you I don't care if every model has a major event, don't bother until Thursday at the earliest...

Not going count on anything until the RGEM and GFS says so 24hrs out. They both did well at this range last two events.

Yes Ray I hug the RGEM.

Don't blame you, I've been watching and it does well.  I wouldn't necessarily bow before it, but certainly let it help guide your forecast.

Not going count on anything until the RGEM and GFS says so 24hrs out. They both did well at this range last two events.

Yes Ray I hug the RGEM.

I've been thinking that way too, that the new GFS has been pretty good from 2, maybe even 3 days out. Kind of a short wheelhouse but if that's a strength it's good to know.

Don't blame you, I've been watching and it does well. I wouldn't necessarily bow before it, but certainly let it help guide your forecast.

Yeah it's not perfect as nothing is and does do poorly every once in a while. I find its best range at 24 and 12 but it does a little worse inside 12 for some reason.

the euro set up at 96hr to 120hr that's a big PNA crash need that to hold off see if the 1020H off Cali can strengthen delaying the break down of PNA if that can happen low will be in central GA instead of KY the atlantic its all about the pacific .....am i wrong? trying to learn

Archived