joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys this will be a cold storm there may be a little bit of mixing on the south side but the NAM solution is well.......you've been NAMed. Why the up and downs with each model run? Trust me the GFS will pull something strange on the 18z run which will have some folks on here "worried".....relax!

Guys this will be a cold storm there may be a little bit of mixing on the south side but the NAM solution is well.......you've been NAMed. Why the up and downs with each model run? Trust me the GFS will pull something strange on the 18z run which will have some folks on here "worried".....relax!

I agree with this....even the NAM has a tough time eroding ll cold. Look out on this one!

Just want to add that the bust potential looks high again with this one as well around the Philly area. Could be some death band(s) setting up west to east just north of the slp that could crush areas. A lot of moisture with this one. Then you have the icing caveat. Just my opinion but what seems like a simple storm to track could yield some surprises.

Just want to add that the bust potential looks very high with this one as well around the Philly area. Could be some death band(s) setting up west to east just north of the slp that could crush areas. A lot of moisture with this one. Then you have the icing caveat. Just my opinion but what seems like a simple storm to track could yield some surprises.

What else is new? Still I think this a majority frozen storm for most of the area save for S Jersey, even if 850's get above freezing, I think the Ice threat could become very real with the snowpack across the area and the majority of precip falling at night. I just really have a hard time seeing the surface temps getting above freezing with the high in that position as well, though stranger things have happened. GFS has been good lately, would much rather have that in my corner than the NAM in this time frame.

Archived