• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

Just want to add that the bust potential looks high again with this one as well around the Philly area. Could be some death band(s) setting up west to east just north of the slp that could crush areas. A lot of moisture with this one. Then you have the icing caveat. Just my opinion but what seems like a simple storm to track could yield some surprises

Rain snow line will waiver on the models from this far out resulting in many mood swings.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is kind of just a typical late January winter storm without blocking. 6-10 Poconos/NNJ, 4-8 Philly burbs and CNJ with sleet or rain for a period, and snow to rain ending as snow for PHL and SNJ, 2-4 or slushy 1-3 type scenario. Maybe just orient the usual r/s line a little more horizontal than usual.

UKMET is farther north than the NAM fwiw:

GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Just dont see how that 994 L is gonna cut into that wall of BLUE.  Just doesnt look right.  It eeks of redevelopement or a further SE L placement.  Thats not wishing, thats just phyics.  For once we have fresh cold in place that wont be pushed around as easily.

Nut

With a -NAO beginning to settle into place for this.... and -AO also think we see the storm run towards West Virginia or slides just south of the Mason Dixon Line giving us overunning then redevelopment takes place near the Va Capes then that new storms heads Northeast...

Otherwise looking at the UKMET and NAM growing more concerned for freezing rain.

With a -NAO beginning to settle into place for this.... and -AO also think we see the storm run towards West Virginia or slides just south of the Mason Dixon Line giving us overunning then redevelopment takes place near the Va Capes then that new storms heads Northeast...

Otherwise looking at the UKMET and NAM growing more concerned for freezing rain.

That could morph into one of those 1994 ice storms you are correct. Late development further north from Virginia Capes and we lock in the cold. Crazy i thought this would be a more stable storm to predict.

That could morph into one of those 1994 ice storms you are correct. Late development further north from Virginia Capes and we lock in the cold. Crazy i thought this would be a more stable storm to predict.

Yes, exactly my concern warm air screaming over top of very cold air ... hey look the cold air is coming in and its being reinforced just going with physics here...... Ice storm like 1994 yes my exact thinking...

Archived