joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be expanding south in the past couple frames, though.

Yea i see that.  I just came up from work and when i entered subway downtown the snow was light.  It was heavy snow when I came out on 72nd and with noticeably more snow on ground! But yea it does seem to be expanding south now.

5 on Saturday and 2 today for a total of 7 in 3 days....didn't seem possible 2 weeks ago. Love snow

Love snow also since I was born a few days after a KU so it must be in my DNA. We needed this storm after the

expectations ran so high in October and faded as we went through December into January. This is one of the

best snowstorm comebacks in a long time.

Reposting this from the SNE guys, good thing to remember:

My one and only Public Service Announcement:

Anyone with a gas vented appliance(Stove, Fireplace, Furnace, etc...) with a pipe low to the ground please make sure that it's clear of snow.  We don't need a repeat of Jan 2005 with CO deaths occurring.

People who are from here/grew up here, are these widespread travel bans common?  Like, you can't drive on the streets past x o'clock?  I don't ever remember that in VA, even for the big ones.  As long as you had snow tires and chains, you could drive wherever.

I think the travel bans started with 3/2001. But even then I recall it was just tractor trailers in CT.

Certainly more risk averse, etc, now.

Huge, snowglobe flakes on 23rd st. I recorded this in super slo-mo on the iPhone, but doesn't upload that way.

People who are from here/grew up here, are these widespread travel bans common?  Like, you can't drive on the streets past x o'clock?  I don't ever remember that in VA, even for the big ones.  As long as you had snow tires and chains, you could drive wherever.

Back in '78 Governor Dukakis (now there's a name from the past) put a ban on all travel for the week following the February blizzard in the state of Massachusetts (save for emergency vehicles, of course). 

Love snow also since I was born a few days after a KU so it must be in my DNA. We needed this storm after the

expectations ran so high in October and faded as we went through December into January. This is one of the

best snowstorm comebacks in a long time.

Agree...you should do excellent in this storm. Enjoy pal

Archived