joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bust of the Century January 26-27 2015 model suites and discussions

Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember Upton getting slammed 4 days ago because they were calling for I believe less than 6" and people on this board called them nuts, crazy, ball droppers etc. "They are gonna bust on the low side so bad". I don't think anyone saw 6". Guess that's Gung Ho lol.

They're going to get knocked for sure after releasing such strong language and huge accumulations the likes of which I've never seen before from them, 1-2 days out, based largely on one or two models which showed that kind of event. Gov. Cuomo shut down all nonessential travel in the area and mass transit, for what will likely be a significant but not massive storm.

its running into too much dry air. reminds me of the boxing day blizzard when the precip seemed to run into a wall once it got into pa. its a shame. I really thought at least the jersey shore would get pummeled. feel bad for you guys up there that love blizzards as much as I do

its running into too much dry air. reminds me of the boxing day blizzard when the precip seemed to run into a wall once it got into pa. its a shame. I really thought at least the jersey shore would get pummeled. feel bad for you guys up there that love blizzards as much as I do

Feb 89, NW winds just ate up the precip. Was teaching in Jackson at the time but living in colonia. school was canceled. neve saw a flake. Conversely, Dec 2003 we had an all out blizzard of about 14 or more inches and since it wasn't really expected, we sat in school the whole day.

They're going to get knocked for sure after releasing such strong language and huge accumulations the likes of which I've never seen before from them, 1-2 days out, based largely on one or two models which showed that kind of event. Gov. Cuomo shut down all nonessential travel in the area and mass transit, for what will likely be a significant but not massive storm.

And in NJ it looks to be a nuisance event. Sheesh.  I mean, I have been at 3 inches all evening. And its 2 am. And I just wanna stay up to see Steve D explain himself. DT too.

J to a certain extant I agree but every local office grabbed the Euro and ran with it. Really strange to see actually.

I just wish I could see on the radar what some of the other members are seeing. Based on the last loop from 5 minutes ago that band over middle Suffolk County was not only shrinking but had slowed it's westward progression. Overall the radar to me looks worse now than it did an hour ago.

post-3180-0-53679300-1422341440_thumb.jp

When that heavy band failed to reach the nj shore around midnight that was kinda the nail in the coffin for jersey folks sadly.

yea,,,,Ive been watching the radar all night at work. I was so close to booking a flight for back home in wall twp nj but couldn't pull the trigger with some of the model disagreement. relieved I made the decision but still bummed out not to watch a blizzard from afar in my old neck of the woods. damn shame the euro and nam lured so many people in (almost myself)

To everyone thinking you're having a bad night. I was just told to clock out because there is no more snow removal to do in the city. (It's snowing about 1/4 an inch hour) well here's the thing I can't go home because it's illegal to drive my brand new 4 wheel drive truck. Ohh and I can't take the subway to my uncles place. Oh and the lirr isn't running. So I have to sleep in my truck. Upton we are no longer friends

To everyone thinking you're having a bad night. I was just told to clock out because there is no more snow removal to do in the city. (It's snowing about 1/4 an inch hour) well here's the thing I can't go home because it's illegal to drive my brand new 4 wheel drive truck. Ohh and I can't take the subway to my uncles place. Oh and the lirr isn't running. So I have to sleep in my truck. Upton we are no longer friends

they should lift the ban right now for the 5 boroughs  it's pretty clear that heavy rates will stay 40 miles to the east, at least

Anyone have any idea why they still have blizzard warnings up for the eastern NJ counties, including Middlesex, where I live?  Thought the snow was mostly over - they're still expecting 8-12" more apparently (the point and click has 3-7" overnight and 3-5" tomorrow morning).  We're finally getting light snow, but haven't seen any decent snow since 7 pm.  This was issued around the same time as the reduced snowfall map showing my area in 10-14" - wtih 4-5" on the ground now that would be 6-10" more - I've been thinking I'd be happy to get 2-4" more.  Anyone?  Bueller?  

MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-OCEAN-COASTAL OCEAN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...JACKSON...LONG BEACH ISLAND1227 AM EST TUE JAN 27 2015...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THISEVENING...* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS CAUSING  CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING.* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...8 TO 12 INCHES.* TIMING...THE BRUNT OF THE STORM LOOKS TO OCCUR OVER THE NEXT 4  TO 6 HOURS...WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR ARE  ANTICIPATED. STEADY SNOWS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON.

Anyone have any idea why they still have blizzard warnings up for the eastern NJ counties, including Middlesex, where I live? Thought the snow was mostly over - they're still expecting 8-12" more apparently (the point and click has 3-7" overnight and 3-5" tomorrow morning). We're finally getting light snow, but haven't seen any decent snow since 7 pm. This was issued around the same time as the reduced snowfall map showing my area in 10-14" - wtih 4-5" on the ground now that would be 6-10" more - I've been thinking I'd be happy to get 2-4" more. Anyone? Bueller?

MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-OCEAN-COASTAL OCEAN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...
JACKSON...LONG BEACH ISLAND
1227 AM EST TUE JAN 27 2015

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS
EVENING...

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS CAUSING
  CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...8 TO 12 INCHES.

* TIMING...THE BRUNT OF THE STORM LOOKS TO OCCUR OVER THE NEXT 4
  TO 6 HOURS...WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR ARE
  ANTICIPATED. STEADY SNOWS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON.

We probably wont even hit warning criteria, current storm track and radar analysis indicates the euro/nam werent even close to whats actually happening right now.

Archived