Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part II

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks like a decent hit for most of PA.

0.75-1" liquid across the state south of I-80. 

2.3" in this part of the city...

Yes sir, now let's hope that PV doesn't get too obtrusive.

I really like where we stand right now. The I-80 corridor has solid wiggle room in both directions to still get a nice storm.

GFS looks good, but am I wrong the warm layers are awfully close to the border?

Definitely a close call south of the turnpike. Too early to nail that down at the moment.  The setup is reminiscent of 1994 with the bowling ball low coming across into the pressing arctic high.

12z GFS is very nice for pretty much all of PA.  Low running from southern Illinois through Kentucky, West Virginia, and over DC. Strong arctic high across the top, 850mb -8C isotherm right through Central PA. Beautiful.

once again State College looking great even if a slight shift in either direction

Would ratios be pretty good for us?

with a cold high pressing from the north 

to the little bit a ridging of the SE coast....that should allow for good lift in CPA.

thats the kinda squeeze play we want to get caught in.  I'd think the Euro will show a tick south of this (gut feeling due to know bias of the Euro...thats it)

I once read that you have to "smell the rain" to get the best snows....

we'll I'll be smelling it i think...just hope not seeing it.  Even if the mid levels warm, I'd think pingers would be the likely result w/ some ZR mixing in before a transition back before it scoots off OCMD.

Nut

Sauss is right lol, time to wait until 0z tmrw and see what it brings. It's going to go every which way until then. Verbatim would UKMET be a nasty mix to rain?

Agreed. Models will be jumping north, and south throughout the day. State College and you have more wriggle room right now. But with a strong high to the north I can't see how this thing becomes a lake cutter or goes that far north. Unless the high weakens quite a bit. I like where we are right now. 

MA forum guys are terrified it turns into a miller B and jackpots NYC and Boston ...

MA forum is in meltdown mode. Actually feel bad for them as this was there storm just yesterday. This hobby can be so brutal. Models give it, models take it away just like that. Models can give some back to them yet but trends aren't good. DT was all over facebook yesterday showing the model that was giving Richmond snow. Haven't seen him yet today. He is tiresome to read at times. 

IMO the southern tier is in the best spot, because typically these adjust south with the arctic air press. I really don't want to say something one way or the other until late tomorrow. 

Honestly, Mag pointed it out we haven't had a "true" PA special for a long time. Does it finally happen again? That would be awesome. Everyone wins for a change.

Archived