joxey
Potential Major East Coast Storm on Saturday Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. It was going to snow all day.

I missed it all sleeping.

was never supposed to snow all day - everyone talked about the progressive nature of the event and the relatively short duration ; 8-12 ours was mentioned in many AFD's and you got 9" - some of us, myself included got less than 3 - you should be thrilled

The radar is starting to blossom over NJ as the backend forms. I think all areas pick up at least something additional.

Upton seems pretty bullish for the backend here...my local forecast just changed to 2-4". 

This Afternoon Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3pm. High near 33. Wind chill values between 25 and 30. North wind around 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible

The radar is starting to blossom over NJ as the backend forms. I think all areas pick up at least something additional.

Radar not all that impressive now, would be surprised if anyone W of NYC picked up accumulation > than a coating the rest of this event.  Maybe points E of NYC can see a period of enhanced snow on the back end.  Appreciable back end snows with quick moving systems like this are pretty hard to come by. 

Archived