joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good to me. The strange thing is that I suddenly find myself hopeful for the Saturday system not to wiggle too much... not because I expect it to deliver, but moreso because if that evolution is what sets the groundwork for storm two, you could argue that too great a deviation for Saturday from what's currently projected could then ripple forth to shake up Tuesday.

Saturday doesn't have to thread the needle, but I want the thread and the needle at least having some drinks, getting to know each other, hand on thigh.

I would sacrifice Saturday if it could cement the next storm into being. But, like you said, it's evolution is based on what #1 does

you love bananas

What can I say? A high banana brings me to my knees.

Seriously, though, the banana high has often been a great piece of the puzzle to deliver a good storm for many.... if that's what we're looking at early next week, I would feel very good about our chances.

Didn't that storm tuck? I'm not sure if that would be an ideal track for down here, since the airmass is marginal to begin with. Your area would probably be fine though.

I think it went over the cape, but it was very compact, so the normal thermal profile didn't apply. 

I wouldn't read that much into analogs, at this point.

Just interpret it as plowable potential.

What's the "agreement"? (Strength/spread indicated)

It's pretty good looking low on the mean, so I don't think there is much spread there. After, it looks elongated, meaning some members are probably slow and keeping south, while others shoot it northeast. Basically the best thing to take away, is that the signal is pretty darn good this far out.

It's pretty good looking low on the mean, so I don't think there is much spread there. After, it looks elongated, meaning some members are probably slow and keeping south, while others shoot it northeast. Basically the best thing to take away, is that the signal is pretty darn good this far out.

You have pleasured the Zeus.

Thank you.

QPF doesn't seem to match the strength and intensity of the storm, especially on the Euro control. must have to do with some of the factors that scooter mentioned before.

Eh, the QPF on an ensemble mean probably isn't the best metric at this point. I do think the precip shield may not be very far reaching to the NW. 

Archived