joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

992mb about 75 miles east of ACY. Heavy banding makes it back into NE PA. Temp profiles are a little dicey for the city and LI. Might taint for a few hours before flipping back to snow. It's an amazing run for interior northern NJ, SE NY and the Hudson Valley. It's pretty darn good for NYC as well.

If I had to create a "cone of uncertainty" for this storm, the 6z GFS would be the eastern edge...Reason being, the upper level PNA ridge Axis is right along the PAC coast. Typically this ridge placement is a harbinger of a Gulf Coast storm that is going to "cut" , and jackpot, areas well inland, from Central Pa., to Albany NY. The PV, however is creating enough confluence, and progessiveness to prevent this from happening. So what we have here is a storm along the Gulf that has plenty of time and space to REALLY dig, while the PV wants to shunt this whole thing east. This is why I like a middle ground--or the center of my "cone"--as the BM, and the western edge of the "cone" about 100 miles northwest of there....

Getting this to close off at/near our lattitude will be challenging. The only ingredient I can see to make that happen for us, is if the shortwave moving through Ontario digs enough such that the Upper Level vorticity associated with it, begins to phase into our storm around hr 81, while the surface low is near OBX.

I wish they did this... 

Archived