Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether or not the city and coast changes over for a time may depend on what occurs from 66-72 hours, the euro would suggest not much but if a front running area of snow develops it could ultimately be snow the entire event

Didn't this happen in the 1/26/2011 event? Except it outran the actual low too quickly and allowed warm air to seep back in for a few hours of mix for the main event?

another idiIot  post   

How  exactly  do you ignore the rain?      850   temps and 32 degree   surface lien well NORTH of Long island 

attachicon.gif12ZEUROnwREGION.jpg

If you go back through the thread, he does not ignore it... but says that once the low passes our longitude, the CCB will more than make up for any mixing/rain.

Personally, I'm concerned about taint at the coast... but I also know that the cold side of these systems really nukes, especially when the storm is bombing like that... PVA/WAA on roids.

Didn't this happen in the 1/26/2011 event? Except it outran the actual low too quickly and allowed warm air to seep back in for a few hours of mix for the main event?

That was a different setup, the initial snows were due to a sneaky vort I think embedded in the flow before the low developed, this may pull a 1/87 or 1/2000 and snow heavily, then flip to sleet or rain or possibly even dry slot then go to heavy snow, those 2 events never flipped back because the lows tracked into the Hudson Valley which downslopes is and doesn't put us in a position to see snows behind the 850 and 700 lows

No matter what, there's certainly going to be mixing issues on the coast and possibly NYC during the early hours of the storm before turning over to complete snow as the system bombs out.

That said, the system does not seem to close off completely according to the models. What are the chances it does?

well if  he has said   6"  great ...I am all for that

10" ?    ok  great I can  see that ...

30"?        questioning  a 30" snow  forecast  doesnt mean

I  am forecasting  rain
I am   forecasting sunny skies 
doesnt mean I am anti snow  

Because it's Yanksfan and he tends to get carried away.

Otherwise, stop being a killjoy... you know the odds of a significant (6+) event (not 20-30, lol) for the NYC Metro just went up with the 12z suite. 

I'm seeing maybe 1 - 2 hour sleet....this will be a doozy for NYC.

No matter what, there's certainly going to be mixing issues on the coast and possibly NYC during the early hours of the storm before turning over to complete snow as the system bombs out.

That said, the system does not seem to close off completely according to the models. What are the chances it does?

Archived